Thursday 15 August 2013

Lia Stampz Challenge #47 - SUMMER

Hello, my friends!
*I am off on a little holiday! I have a couple of posts scheduled while I'm away but I won't be doing any blogging until sometime later next week!
Today begins another new challenge over at Lia Stampz! We had some really beautiful entries in our Color Scheme challenge. Thank you to those of you who participated! :o)
The new challenge is "Summer" so I've created a fun summertime card! Summer's days are numbered, you know, and Fall is coming quick!
I've used the Lia Stampz image called Bicycle and you can find it at Whimsy Stamps right HERE. All of Lia's other images are available HERE.
I created another scene card for this challenge. For some reason the colored background is not showing up but the sky is blue and the grass is green! I punched some grass and cut some clouds. I stamped some flowers, colored them up and cut them out. I was inspired to frame the image this way by Natalie and her lovely card here at Delightful Details.
So pop on over to Lia Stampz and join in the fun "Summer" challenge! You have until August 31st to participate! I hope you all have happy Summer days and I'll be around to see you when I'm back! :o)



Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Image: Lia Stampz - Bicycle;
Prismacolor Pencils and OMS;
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels 15,
Memory Box Die - Puffy Clouds;
Punch: Fiskars - Grass;
Stamps: October Afternoon - Tree Swing,
Recollections - Garden Gnome;
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black

* * * * *





18 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great card Nancy and I like the little framed scene you created. Cute clouds too.

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw she looks so happy riding her bicycle.. Great coloring and love the scene.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Lovely, summery card! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

alexandra s.m. said...

awww...she is so sweet!
and what a beautiful summery card you have created here Nancy!
Love it~

Jonia said...

Another beautiful card Maryjo! I just love this one. Beautiful!

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Sweet card, Nancy. It definitely has "summer" all over it! Sweet image by Lia. I love the scene you've created. Don't you just wish summer lasted longer? This makes me want to get on my bike and go for a ride! Great job. xx Kathryne

Jonia said...

No Nancy this comment was meant for you, so sorry. Had just finished making a comment to her and then looked at your blog and loved your card. Just got the wrong name in there. I just got back from vacation, so I am very tired! LOL

undertheshuswapsun said...

Sweet! Love the bicycle!

Cely said...

so super cute, nancy! love the grass :)

Tracy said...

It's like she's riding right into that beautiful blue sky. :-) So sweet and perfectly summery Nancy. Hugs!

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the image. fab colours and layout x

Kelly said...

Oh Nancy this is a cheery and very pretty card. I love the scene and the flowers you cut out with the grass. Her bike is adorable and she looks fabulous. Anyone would love to receive this card and it is so artistic.
Keep having fun this weekend,
HUgs, Kelly

Unknown said...

First of all so sorry for being MIA for quite some time Nancy, wasn't something I intended to, but it has been such a hectic time at work... Bad excuse, I know... Anyway, I'm glad to be able to visit again and I really love your latest creations, you have not only been active, but very creative, too! Lovely creations as usual! Take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

chanya13 said...

Sweet card!!! I love image and lovely scene you created.

Susan M said...

I love this Nancy! All your embellishments have really captured the feeling of the image. The flower stamps are gorgeous and the grass and puffy clouds are so summery ! Hope you are having a great holiday !

Geri said...

Oh, you've made her look so sweet, Nancy!!! The scene is so inviting and I love the little flowers in her basket and the little flag on back! Such a sweet creation sure to bring a smile!!!

Embellishments said...

Love this card and scenery, that bike is so cute :-)
Hugs, Steff

Tracy said...

Awww this is such a sweet card.
That girl is adorable.

Blog Archive