Thursday 27 March 2014

Jellypark Friends Challenge - Mother's Day/Important Female

Hello, my friends!
This is my last scheduled post before I return to blog land! :o)

There's a brand new challenge starting today over at Jellypark Friends Challenge Blog! It's "Mother's Day or Important Female"...isn't that an easy one for you? 

For my card I used the newly released image called "Lady with sewing machine" that you can find in the Jellypark Shop right HERE! It was so fun to play with, and you know how much I like anything with a sewing theme! I embossed two different colours of cardstock and then put them together to form the quilted background. I then stitched it all together onto the card base. I added a few buttons and the coloured image. Then I discovered I didn't have a sentiment stamp that said what I wanted, so I wrote it out myself. The image and sentiment were both cut out using my pinking shears! :o)


Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Image: Jellypark - Lady with sewing machine;
Embossing Folders: Crafts Too - Small Flowers,
Sizzix - Square Lattice;
Buttons, Thread: My Stash.

* * * * *
Please pop on over to Jellypark Friends Challenge 
and check out what my fellow DT members have created!
Then make your pretty cards and link them up!

You might be lucky enough to win some fabulous Jellypark Images! 

* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by! 
I look forward to visiting you soon! :o)



14 comments:

Natalie said...

This is sew sweet! My mom is a seamstress and this would be perfect for her!! Love it.

Penny said...

Really love this, Nancy! The "quilt" is such a great idea--love the colors you chose! Love your coloring, stitching, and the pinked edges, too! And what a perfect sentiment! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Hope you have a great weekend!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely gorgeous and amazing coloring as always Nancy!
TFS~

Unknown said...

Now, even though you've picked my least favourite craft, I LOVE your card. Love the colours, love the LO.
(I hate sewing so much, I can't bear to call it 'sewing', I call it 'cloth piercing'. It doesn't put my teeth on edge as much)! lol xxx

Sandy said...

Don't I just love these colors! Your card reminds me of when I used to make all of my own clothes.
Very happy and pretty card Nancy!
sandy xx

Tracy said...

So much wonderful texture on here Nancy. I like the pinking shears edging too. Fabulous! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card Nancy! Love your choice of colours and your patchwork embossed background, great idea!! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Jonia said...

Nancy, love, love your card and love the colors, the sewing and that you cut it out so straight with the scissors. And, last but not least, you wrote the sentiment and it looks professional. Wow girl, I am impressed!!!!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Hope you are having fun on your special day Nancy! Happy BDAY! Love the purple and yellow on your amazing card - those colors always remind me of spring and easter ~*~Lisa

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Love your card Nancy! As a matter of fact I was searching for this exact type of stamp for a card that someone has asked me to make. I bought that stamp plus several others. Jellypark has some really sweet images!

Tracey said...

This is so pretty Nancy, I love the colours & the patchwork feel :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Nancy. Lovely coloring of the new JP image and fabulous quilted bg.

Embellishments said...

Pretty card and color combo Nacy. She looks so happy sewing, so not me... I'd be frustrated fighting with the sewing machine LOL...
Hugs, Steff
(talk soon)

Susan M said...

Love the colours you have used Nancy and I could imagine anyone loving this card even if they can't sew! Maybe I would try if they had flowery sewing machines like this one ! The embossing folders are fabulous !

Blog Archive