Saturday 12 April 2014

Ephemera's Vintage Garden - Follow Your Bliss #2

Happy Saturday, friends!

Have you noticed a few changes to my blog? I've been playing around a little bit and was very happy to figure out how to add the page tabs. I think it tidies my sidebar and cleans things up a bit. I'm still playing around with the contents of the pages too. What do you think? :o)

Today's project is my second one using the fabulous "Follow Your Bliss" Journal Kit from Ephemera's Vintage GardenLast time I shared a mini album. Today I have a box to show you. This paper mache box was decorated using only two sheets printed from the kit, along with a couple of leftovers from the mini album. To begin, I inked all the edges of the box, and then did a quick inking of the edges of the paper just to cover the white. The pages are all beautifully distressed already, so they didn't need anything else. The box measures 5 7/8" square and the journal kit page measures 5 1/2". It was a perfect fit! For the sides of the box and lid I used the one page that is meant for a cover. I cut the black and green apart. The green, cut in quarters, fit the box sides just right. I then punched strips from the black part. Since the lid is a little bit bigger then the box, the punched pieces were just a wee bit short. I punched out 4 circles from a yellow scrap to wrap around the corner. Now nobody knows the black strips are too short! ;o)


 Here is a view of the top of the box. Isn't it a pretty design? The colours are so lovely! 
All I did here was punch out various flowers and leaves from the kit papers. 
The pretty striped "washi" and the stamped looking image are already part of the design. 
Such a quick and easy project that anyone can do with a minimum of supplies.


Materials Used:
Ephemera's Vintage Garden Printable Journal Kit - Follow Your Bliss;
Paper Mache Box from My Stash;
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink: Walnut Stain;
Punches: Fiskars - Mini Flower Punch, 1" Circle,
 Recollections - Various Flower Punches,
Martha Stewart - Branch, Rose Leaf, Doily Lace Trim;
Pearls: Ranger Liquid Pearls - Buttercup, Petal Pink.

* * * * *
What am I putting in this pretty box?
You'll have to come back soon to find out!


In the meantime, head over to Ephemera's Vintage Garden 
and pick up the Follow Your Bliss Kit.
You'll be so happy you did! 

Oh, and don't forget to go to Debbie's blog HERE to sign up for her newsletter. 
Debbie is very generous with her gorgeous freebies! :o)

14 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is beautiful sweetie, hope your having a good weekend huggles Pops x x x

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty box with lots of pretty details..... love the added pages on your blog, I too have to start trimming off and adding more pages... Feel like it's getting cluttered up.....

ShelbyDoodle Designs by Nancy Smith said...

Great papers, and you showed them off beautifully! Love how you covered the corners. Nice tabs on top of the blog too. I need to spend some time and figure this out too :)

Stacey said...

Any frogs in that box?? Teehehehe. love it nancy xxx

Christine L said...

It's fabulous Nancy.. and well done with the corners on the black strips!! hehe

Christine x

Unknown said...

Yes, your blog does look very neat like this Nancy! And I love your box, it's so pretty! Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Tracy said...

Oh you tease. I was about to ask what was going in there when I read the last bit of your post. Your box is just lovely. Smart trick on the corners. Waiting with bated breath. :-) Hugs!

TLady said...

I LOVE doing boxes Nancy! :) I don't do them near enough! This looks WONDERFUL & I love how you did the corners too!;) Such pretty papers! I also like how you've done your blog--you're doing something I don't have on my blog--tabs! Something else to learn! HUGS DEAR LADY! ;)

Penny said...

Love how you are simplifying your blog! Maybe someday I can figure out mine, but I won't hold my breath, lol! :^)
Your paper mache box is soooo pretty! Love the vintage look, the papers you chose, the punched pieces, and those cool corners! :^)
Hugs, Penny

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

The box is gorgeous Nancy...you did a wonderful job! Your blog does look nice and neat. You're getting to be a pro at this stuff! I'm guessing that your box will have a mini album in it!

mamawcindy said...

I haven't visited your blog in a little while. Your box is beautiful!!! I had fun looking at your latest creations. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Tfriday said...

Oh, this box is amazing. Love everything about. the color combo is awesome too. Hugs!!

Sandy said...

Your box is so gorgeous Nancy - I did go to that place and bought a digital kit. I need something else like I need a hole in my head!
Sandy xx

Susan M said...

This is gorgeous Nancy ! The papers are beautiful and you have turned them into a work of art with your creative touch ! Just love the flowers you have made. Like the changes to your blog, must do something with mine then maybe I will feel like posting more often !

Blog Archive