Wednesday 30 April 2014

Spring Has Sprung!

Hello, my friends!

Yes, Spring has finally sprung in my neck of the woods!
Yesterday morning it was snowing, and today it's sunny and 16! :o)

It's just the right day to finish this fun layout I've been working on. I've used a combination of birthday treats and stash goodies. I sure hope you can tell how much fun I had putting this together.

I received a very generous stack of Pion Design paper for my birthday, and couldn't wait to play with it! The background paper is from K & Company, but the rest is from Pion's A Day in May Collection. Isn't it lovely? Such a soft and pretty green...looks like Spring! I cut, punched, trimmed and snipped...and then I distressed and inked all the edges.Then it was just a matter of layering and gluing! :o)


Here's the big cluster in the bottom left corner. I made the two big white flowers, the ribbon flowers were in my stash, and the rest were gifted from a dear friend. I love to make charms and use them on my projects. These great Ring Fasteners from Tim Holtz make it so easy to add charms anywhere! 
All the flowers have been misted and have a beautiful shimmer to them.
(That dark dot on the paper next to the charm is not permanent. It just showed up for the photo.)


I finally got ahold of some Our Daily Bread Designs stamps.
 I thought this Scripture verse was the perfect addition to my Spring layout. 


Here's the cluster in the top right corner. 
These flowers were also gifts, and I misted them too. 
The metal piece is from my stash, and I cut it in half. 
One half is added here, and the other is beside the image.


Materials Used:
Papers: Pion Design - A Day in May, Recollections - Kraft,
K & Company - Tim Coffey - Cottage Garden;
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, Stampin' Up - Soft Suede;
Stamp: Our Daily Bread Designs - Tulips Tag Set;
Slice Design Card: Home Sweet Home;
Punch: EK Success - Circles and Flowers;
Mist: Perfect Pearls - Biscotti, Glimmer Mist - Partridge In A Pear Tree;
Flowers: Gift from Joy, Stash, The Nickel Nook;
Charms: The Nickel Nook;
Metal: Tim Holtz - Ring Fasteners, Stash - Mini Frame, Medallion;
Pearls: Queen & Co - Chocolate Delight;

* * * * *
I do hope you enjoy my layout!
Since I've figured out how to make cards, I don't make as many layouts. 
This project has inspired me to do more!
I wish you all Spring days of joy and the beauty of the Lord! :o)

* * * * *

Linking Up To:




16 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Nancy,
This is just beautiful! I love the beautiful embellishments and all of those gorgeous papers! Such a beautiful creation...TFS!
Hugs,
Georgia

Marilyn said...

This is beautiful! Classy, elegant, vintage and gorgeous!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Nancy, what a beautiful layout for spring! I love all the delicate, vintage details! I'm so glad you've give us up-close photos...and this is perfect for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge! So glad you've joined us! Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

P. S. And I'm so glad you were able to get some ODBD stamps! I know you'll continue to enjoy them!

Sandy said...

Beautiful and brilliant! I never knew what I could do with those TH fasteners but now you have led the way in a super design and how to add some charms anywhere. Hope all is well Nancy.
Sandy xx

Unknown said...

A beautiful layout with gorgeous colors and the flowers are outstanding. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Nancy, Spring is such a wonderful time to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord!! His creation is so beautiful. Your layout with the vintage images, your layering, and your details with the verse is beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Tracy said...

This is beautiful. I'm jealous of your Pion papers and handmade flowers. I'd like to see more layouts from you too. Hugs!

Penny said...

What a gorgeous vintage card, Nancy! Love the pretty neutrals you chose for this--great image, btw. Your design and embellishments are fabulous! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Linda Carson said...

Oh that's the perfect verse for such a lovely springtime design! Love, love, love those beautiful flowers! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

TLady said...

What an absolutely lovely layout Nancy! It's gorgeous! :) Love the old world feel! CONGRATULATIONS on your win over at ODB!!! I KNOW you'll love your prize! :)TOO FUN! :)

Lagene said...

WOW! Gorgeous arrangement! I love all the layering elements and beautiful flowers. My husband was from Saskatchewan as a child & we live in Oregon, USA now.

Jonia said...

Beautiful card my friend. You were the girl with this one.

Susan M said...

Oh Nancy , this is gorgeous ! Love the colours and the beautiful flowers, especially your handmade ones! The papers are lovely and the charms are such a great idea. Glad you got some ODBD stamps !

Dunja Trautmann said...

This layout is stunning, Nancy. Great, as you have arranged everything, I'm in love with this layout. :) I like Pion Design papers also. A great work my dear. So wonderful and there is so much to see and discover.

Love and Blessings
Dunja

Embellishments said...

GORGEOUS Nancy!!! I hope you enjoy spring in your neck of the woods LOL...
Hugs, Steff

Blog Archive