Tuesday 12 August 2014

A New Adventure Down...The Paper Trail!

Hello, my friends!

I hope you're all enjoying a beautiful summer day!
Here it is hot, hot, hot...yuck, yuck yuck!

I must confess that I am really looking forward to some lovely Fall temperatures
...and dare I say Winter?? lol 
It is just around the corner, you know!

I recently discovered a wonderful Canadian online store.
I've been spending a lot of time and money there! ;o)
It's called The Paper Trail.
Chelsea has some really great product, and loves to have sales...my favorite kind of store.
This is a Canadian store with shipping world wide.
There is free shipping for orders over $99 in both Canada and the US.
All my American friends will be happy to hear that orders under $99 are a flate rate $15.
With the exchange rate being what it is, you should all be shopping here! 

Shortly after I found this great shop they had a Design Team call.
I just had to apply!
I'm very happy to report that I was invited to the team!
For the next few months I'll be sharing some projects made with products from this store.
Here is what I created for my application project.



It was so much fun to make!


This is an All Dressed Up image called Country Cow Girl.
You can find it HERE.
Every girl should have a pair of red cowboy boots...I do! 


The sentiment was a fabulous freebie from Paulette at Create With TLC.


I layered, stamped, and texturized the background.
Then I embossed and inked the chipboard fence. 
I popped it up on dimensionals and hung the lariat on the post.
The flowers were cut from burlap with a Sizzix flower die.
To finish it off, I wrapped the entire canvas with jute.


Materials Used:
Papers: DCWV - Songbird;
Image: All Dressed Up - Country Cow Girl;
Sentiment: Create With TLC Freebie;
Canvas: 8 X 10 from Michaels;
Dies: Sizzix Flower Layers, Fence;
Punch: Fiskars - Grass;
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Texture Fade - Woodgrain;
Stamps: Bo Bunny - Distress Textures, Recollections - Script;
Inks: Staz On - Timber Brown;
Glimmer Mists: Chocolate Covered Cherries, Butternut Squash,
Partridge in a Pear Tree;
Stencil: Heidi Swapp;
Mediums: Gesso, Texture Paste, Matte-Multi Medium;
 Burlap, Brads and Chipboard from My Stash.

* * * * *
I look forward to sharing my new DT projects with all of you!

Until the next time, please go take a look at The Paper Trail,
join The Paper Trail Blog,
and The Paper Trail on Facebook!
Then you can hear all about the fun events and sales!

Also, Chelsea has just started a fabulous new monthly challenge blog with a great prize up for grabs!
The first challenge is Anything Goes, and I know you ALL have something to link up to that!
So join The Paper Trail Monthly Challenge Blog too.
I'm so happy to see that a couple of you have already joined the blog! Thank you!

I have all this information included on my Design Team Page,
along with the links to my wonderful new teammates Janet and Cheri!

Thank you for stopping by!
See you again soon! :o)


15 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO :-D So glad you are joining us at The Paper Trail :-D WOOT. P.S THANK YOU!!!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Nancy,
Such a wonderful creation with all of the different types of embellishments! I can see why you were chosen for the design team! Congratulations!!! You are so very talented and will be an asset to their team!
Hugs,
Georgia

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Amazing card and embellishments. Awesome designing, Nancy. Congrats on the DT! xx Kathryne

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Congratulations Nancy! All I could think of when I read your news was "You Go Girl!" I love your application project...love that image with the cowboy boots. Off to check out all the links you've listed for these wonderful places! Congrats again dear friend, you deserve it!

Janet's Joy said...

I love the scene that you have created Nancy!
Really looking forward to creating with you at The Paper Trail!

Tracy said...

Well no wonder they asked you on the team. You pulled out all the stops for this project. Those red boots are kick in' and I love the lariat hanging on the fence. Congratulations Nancy! Looking forward to seeing your upcoming creations for TPT. Hugs!

Anne said...

Nancy this is simply jaw dropping.
So many fantastic details have made the whole a fantastic creation. I love it
Anne x

Jonia said...

Oh my goodness Nancy, I love this canvas. Now I want to make one just like it. You go girl and congrats.

Unknown said...

Gotta say Chukky egg, that this is one helluva smashing project!! I especially love the Hessian flowers, (yes, Hessian, none of that burlap talk here), lol and the 'rope' just made me smile so much.
you CLEVER girl you! xxx

Penny said...

This is sooo cool! Love the design, image, scene you created, coloring, texture, and fun sentiment! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Robyn said...

Super cute Nancy. Love the look!

ShelbyDoodle Designs by Nancy Smith said...

Nancy, I LOVE your canvas! Congrats on the new team :)

Gemiel said...

Congrats!! How could they not choose you with such an awesome canvas!!! I'm off to check out the blog.

Susan M said...

A fabulous canvas Nancy ! Congratulations on the new design team ! Love the flowers and the way you have created the background. I used to have a pair of red cowboy boots many years ago , I loved wearing them !

leslieb said...

bhboaafdhoe Sorry! My jaw dropped and hit my keyboard. This is one amazing creation. Fussy cutting by the QUEEN of it all. The hair on the image....nothing but awesome! I love your burlap flowers. And the twine made into a lariat - GENIUS!

Love - Leslie

Blog Archive