Sunday 27 December 2015

Thankful for you!

Hello, my friends!

I hope you've all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends! 
We have a few days now to catch our breath before we ring in the New Year. 

I've been wanting to play along with Paper Smooches for a while now but things have been a little busy.
I finally managed to snatch enough time to create a card for their December Challenge.
The challenge is "Flowers", 
and I'm linking it up in the nick of time! ;o)

I used a couple of the Paper Smooches freebies offered on their blog.
I combined the flower image, and two of the sentiments.
Then I printed out more of the flowers, fussy cut them out, 
and layered them up with dimensionals. 
I pierced the design and stitched it with embroidery floss.
Finally, I layered everything up, with the top layer adhered with foam tape.


Here's an angle that shows the dimension:


As always, at this time of year, we spend time reflecting on the happenings of the past year.
I know that for many of us it's been a year of both joys and sorrows.

One of my greatest joys is that you continue to visit my blog, 
and leave me your sweet words of encouragement!
So, this card is for each one of you...because I am thankful for you! :o)

I look forward to the New Year with hopeful anticipation!
God is good, and ever faithful, and He has much goodness in store for all of us!
EnJOY the rest of your holidays! 

13 comments:

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Wonderful card, Nancy! Love the stitching and all the dimension!
Hugs,
Tracey

alexandra s.m. said...

It's beautiful Nancy!
I love the touch of embroidery!
Hope you are having a nice Holiday season ;)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and colours and embroidery are just amazing, as always, you never fail to deliver the best. Happy New Year to you and thanks for being one of the best buddies in the crafting world..
{aNNie}

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love your embroidery and those darling flowers, Nancy. Great card. hugs, Teresa

Natalie said...

Love the hand stitching! Sweet dimensional flowers, love the layers. Happy New Year, Nancy!!

Aileen said...

Wonderful, beautiful card. Love it

Tracy said...

How sweet! I love your hand stitching. Happy New Year!

Skrater said...

Oh my I love that stitching, lovely!

Unknown said...

Nancy!!! I found you again!! It has been years! Blessed New Year to you!

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

Absolutely love the stitching and the way you stamped the flowers twice before popping them up off the page. I really enjoy stitching on cards and layouts too.

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Nancy! Love this fresh, soft palette, and your attention to detail here is phenomenal! Stunning! And thanks so much for stopping by my neck of the woods to leave me some love! Happy New Year!

Susan M said...

Happy New Year Nancy ! Your card is beautiful ,love the stitching ! It's always a delight to visit your blog , your creations are always extra special !

Marilyn said...

Sorry to have been such a slacker about popping by lately Nancy. I have been so disorganized and just can't seem to get it together... darn, should have made a New Year's resolution!
I love the dimension you've given these little blossoms. Great idea and it's such a cute card.

Blog Archive