Sunday 19 March 2017

Introducing the NEW Mustard Seed Faith Challenge

Sunday Blessings to you, my friends!

I'm excited about today!
Today I get to introduce you to a brand new challenge blog. 
You may have noticed the word "Faith" in the title.
Those of us on the Design Team...did I mention I'm on the Design Team? ;o)
Anyways...those of us on the Design Team all have a strong love for...and faith in...Jesus Christ. 
We are really looking forward to sharing that love with you,
as well as sharing our crafty projects.

We have a key Scripture verse that's found in Matthew 17:20:

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Have you ever seen a mustard seed? It is TINY!
That tiny seed grows into a big plant. 
So guess what? It's not the quantity of your faith...it's the quality of your faith that matters.
I read that somewhere, and it's stuck with me.
Just know that with God nothing is impossible! :o)

* * * * *
Okay...so what IS the challenge, you ask?
It's an easy one!
Just make something...anything...and use YELLOW.
That's it! 

* * * * *
Here's the card I made:


I tool and ink distressed all the edges.
Then I did some simple layering.


I layered some ovals and then added the "Faith".
I also added the wildflower die-cut to depict a growth in faith.
That tiny mustard seed grows into a big plant!


Finally, I added a loopy twine bow and some pretty yellow sequins.


Materials Used:
Papers: Crate Paper - Random;
Dies: Tutti Designs - Faith Word Set, Stitched Nesting Ovals, 
Tim Holtz - Wild Flowers Thinlits;
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain;
Twine: MME - Follow Your Heart
Bling: Sequins - My Stash.

* * * * * 
So head on over to the

There you can meet the rest of the Design Team
and see what they've created for the challenge this week. 

Then check out the simple rules, make something,
and link it up!

I can't wait to see what you make! :o)

10 comments:

Susan M said...

Fabulous news that you're on the design team Nancy ! Your card is beautiful ! The Tim Holtz wildflower die is lovely, it goes so well with the flowery paper ! So many beautiful elements on your card ! I will definitely try to join in the challenges !

Unknown said...

So beautiful, great use of the diecut! Thank you for being a part of the team!!

Traci M said...

Darling card, Nancy...and I love your use of the flower stem to signify growth as well as the beautiful "Faith" word!! I know I will so enjoy working with you and getting to know you better! I think we have a lot in common. :)

MiamiKel said...

Congratulations on your new DT! I love this idea - I started a faith group on Splitcoaststampers, too! Such a wonderful way to share The Word and get creative! Off to find the blog :)

Jonia said...

Oh Nancy congratulations! And, what a beautiful card you made! I love it.

Diane Noble said...

Your card is amazing, Nancy! Such a perfect interpretation of our first challenge. Love it! And I'm absolutely thrilled to get to work/play beside you. You have already been a dear and I feel blessed to get to know you through this fun adventure! I also want to grab some coffee and spend some time this week just browsing your blog. You are an amazing designer. Love your artwork!

Sonia said...

A beautiful card, love the cheerful paper and die cut.

Crafty Hugs Sonia xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really beautiful card, love the message you have given for it too.
Faith
x

Eekers said...

Good luck and Congrats on your new DT! They are lucky to have you :)

Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Nancy, I really love this beautiful card and the patterned paper, reminding me of a pretty quilt! Congrats on your new DT, how exciting! Big hugs, Autumn

Blog Archive