Sunday 5 March 2017

Tutti Designs - Kimono

Hello, my friends!

It's Monday, and I'm back with a new Tutti Designs share!
Have you seen the February release over at the shop?
There are twelve new dies, all of a lovely Asian theme.

Today I am sharing the Kimono Die.
You can find it right HERE.

I always picture a kimono in red.
I've actually worn a kimono and it was a gorgeous red with gold.
That was in my mind when I began this project. 
Hmmm...what happened? lol 
What happened is that I came across this paper in my stash.
I thought it would be a really pretty backdrop for the die.
I think it's lovely in these colors, don't you?

As always, the die is beautiful and intricate.


I did some simple layering, added strips of ribbon, and some pearls.


Here's a closer look at the die.
To create the brown cardstock shadow was very easy.
I held the die firmly on the paper, and then cut around it with my craft knife. 


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock, DCWV - Far East Stack;
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain;
Bling: Queen & Co Pearls - Chocolate Delight;
Ribbons: Offray.

Tutti Designs Die Used - Kimono


* * * * *
I'll be back next week with a new project.
In the meantime, here are all the links you'll need:




5 comments:

Eekers said...

Clever idea to make a perfect fit background for it, not sure it would have occurred to me to use the die itself! It's so pretty! Love the pearl bling additions too.

Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Maria Pilar said...

You made a very original use of die. Great card!
Hugs

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card - that die is amazing

Michele said...

gorgeous! xo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card, love the kimono and the added pearls and the blue and brown are perfect shades together.
Faith
x

Blog Archive