Friday 28 December 2018

Clear Scraps - Christmas Sweater Stocking Tutorial

Hello, my friends!

I'm back with a new project share for Clear Scraps!

Remember a couple of weeks ago I shared my Chipboard Stocking Mini Album?
I mentioned then that I reserved one of the pages for another project.
Today I'd like to share that project with you.
This is my Christmas Sweater Stocking Hanging! 


Here's how I made it:

I started with one page from the Chipboard Stocking Album.
I added modeling paste through the 6" Christmas Sweater Stencil.


Then I adhered the Christmas Chipboard Word Title to the top of the stocking.


Once everything was dry, 
I coated the entire piece with white gesso.


When that was all dry,
I brushed on some Opal Magic.
I added colour, then sprayed with water,
letting the colour run and catch in different spots.
I continued until I had the look I wanted.
Then I added another layer of colour to the title.


Then I let it all dry, and I added a ribbon through the hole for hanging. 


Here's a closer look:


Here you can see some of the pretty shimmer and texture.


Here's one final look at the finished hanging:


Other Materials Used:
Deco Art Media Modeling Paste;
White Gesso;
Prima Art Alchemy Opal Magic - Blue/Gold;
Sheer Ribbon.

Clear Scraps Products Used:
Chipboard Stocking Album
6" Christmas Sweater Stencil
Christmas Chipboard Word Title 

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I know it's already after Christmas but it's not New Year's yet!
So it's not too late to share a project like this, right?
I'll be back with another project share next week! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:

1 comment:

Katie said...

This is beautiful

Blog Archive