Wednesday 11 December 2019

Arnold Grummer - Christmas Candle Casting Card

Hello, my friends!

 I have a new project to share with you for Arnold Grummer.

I have done my first paper casting!
Was it ever FUN,
and I'm afraid it's just as addicting as paper making!  ;o)

Here's my card for today:



My friend Michele was so helpful in getting me started.
She sent me some fun molds.
I was also generously provided these Paper Casting Stamps, shown below,
by Rycraft!
I'm sure you'll want to check them out HERE.
They have an incredible selection!


Materials Used in My Project:

Arnold Grummer - White Cotton Linter;
Blender;
Rycraft Paper Casting Stamp - Christmas Candle;
Imagine Crafts Ink: Memento - Dandelion, Pear Tart, Red, and Fantastix;
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock, My Mind's Eye - Wonderful Winter;
Ribbon: Celebrate It;
Stickles: Star Dust.


1. I began by doing all the fun casting. The one 8 oz bag of Cotton Linter was enough to make all of these pieces. I simply added a handful of Linter to the blender with some water, and blended. After pouring it through a strainer, I added the wet pulp into the casting stamps. Then it was just a matter of using a sponge and towel to remove all the water. I popped the shapes out of the stamps, and allowed them to air dry. You can find complete casting instructions at the Arnold Grummer Resource Page.


2. For my first casting card, I opted to use the casting of the Christmas Candle. I swiped some ink onto a plastic sheet, and used the Fantastix to color the design. 


3. Here's a close-up look of the coloring.


4. I used a 5 1/2" square card base. I covered it with a 5 1/2" square of green cardstock. I then layered on a pretty striped piece of designer paper that was 5 1/4" square. Next, I centered a 4" square of paper to the striped background. 
5. Using double sided tape, I adhered the casting piece to the center of a 3" square of red designer paper. I decided that turning the red paper on the diagonal added some fun interest. I then adhered the red piece onto the green square using foam tape.


6. In this photo you can see that both of the designer papers I used have a beautiful glossy/sparkle finish on them. This inspired me to add some pretty Stickles to the candle design.


7. Finally, I added a little green ribbon bow that just happened to be lying on my work table.


In the photo above you can see the glittered design.
Here's one last look at my card, in the photo below.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my first paper casting card!
As you can see from the stash I made,
I'll be sharing more finished projects soon!

* * * * *
 Don't forget to go visit Rycraft!
You can see all their fabulous designs by category HERE.

* * * * *
Here are all the links:




2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness Nancy, these are adorable moulds, I love how you have added the mould to the card and coloured it, lovley background papers too.
Faith x

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a lovely art form. These are beautiful, Nancy. hugs, Teresa

Blog Archive