Thursday 25 November 2010

52 Week Scrapbook Challenge - Flourishes

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends! I hope you're all having a wonderful time of celebration! In Canada, we had our official Thanksgiving holiday in October. However, for me personally, EVERY day is one of gratitude and thankfulness, and I am celebrating right along with you! So in honor of today, I chose this picture of my "Miracle Angel" for my challenge this week. Each and every day, we are surrounded by miracles, and that's something I'm very thankful for! This is a little angel doll that I designed a few years ago. I didn't go too crazy with my flourishes. I used my Stampin' Up Baroque Border wheel to fill my page with flourishes for the background. Then I took three raw chipboard pieces, inked them in black and used several coats of UTEE on them. Then I added some bead flourishes. That's about all I had room for. I framed my photo with the same lace I used to trim the angel's dress, and added the beads on top. Then I added some flowers I made. Just so you know...I thank God daily for all of you...MY DEAR FRIENDS!! :o)

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely post...thank you for inspiring me!
bless you!

Mary said...

Oh Nancy, Gorgeous page! I love how you made a flourish with beads, that's great! I also like your little "miracle angel", so cute! Did you make the flowers too? Lovely! TTYS

gardenpinks said...

Beautiful layout. Adore the beaded flourishes, beaded lace and sweet angel but those flowers are in a class of their own :)

Hugs
Lynn xxx

Teen Queen said...

This is beautiful Nancy. I love the flourishes. TFS

Anonymous said...

You did an excellent job with the Baroque Border wheel. Subtle background. I like that. Love your angel too. Love the way this came out with the black beaded flourishes. Great job. Sure wish I had known when Thanksgiving was in Canada so I could have sent you Happy wishes. I'm glad ours is over. I have turkey in my dreams :-(
Love you - Leslie

Adriann said...

This is just gorgeous!

Jonia said...

Great Page! Love the flowers, the angel. Wonderful.

Blog Archive