Thursday 16 May 2013

Hymn and Scripture Challenge #7 - Trust Him When Thy Wants Are Many

Hello, my friends!
It's been quite a week around here! My poor husband and I have both been suffering with the worst flu bug EVER! This was absolutely NOT in my schedule! lol At least it's not the week before the wedding, right? :o)
I am so sorry that I haven't been up to visiting any of you but I hope to jump back into blog land soon! I also hope to get back to work on my next Creative Inspirations DT project. Yes, it's another mini album...how did you guess! lol
I was finally up to doing something creative today, so I jumped (no actual jumping) right in with my overdue page for the Hymn and Scripture Challenge. It's something a bit different for me but I hope you enjoy it. I saw a similar  technique on youtube and just had to try it. I used an assortment of chipboard letters from my stash and laid out my title on white cardstock. Then I used a few mists and randomly sprayed over-top of them. After drying with my heat tool I removed the letters. Then I used a variety of stamps and inks and just kept layering. I hand-wrote the rest of the words for the title, matted them, and popped them up on dimensionals. Then I did the same with the Scripture verses. I added some layered butterflies and adhered them. I didn't bother to add any bling because there is such shimmer to the entire page!


Perhaps you can see some of the shimmer in this photo:

Materials Used:
Papers: Textured Cardstock, Prima Ledger Paper;
Inks: CTMH - Ponderosa Pine, Moonstruck, Smokey Plum,
Stampin' Up - Black, Regal Rose;
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Music 2 My Ears,
Stampin' Up - Music Note Wheel;
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Circles (LG),
Classic Scalloped Circles (LG);
Punch: EK Success - Triple Butterfly Punch;
Sprays: Perfect Pearls - interference red, turquoise,
Shimmer Mist - Purple

* * * * *

Well, this is a hymn that I am not at all familiar with. In fact, I couldn't find it in any of the hymnals or websites I searched. So I have no sheet music for this one...or even a video to share. I must tell you that I will now add this hymn to my "favorites" list based on the words alone! They are absolutely wonderful! I have hand-written all the verses and added it to the back of my page. I know that the colors do not match the front of the page at all but I wanted to use this particular ledger paper because I really needed the lines today! lol I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I always like to hand-write the things that are important to remember. The words of this song are SO important to remember! Please read them:


One more Scripture verse I would like to share with you is found in Philippians 4:19, it says:

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of  His glory in Christ Jesus."

I actually have a note in my Bible regarding Philippians 4:10-19 that is dated August 1984. It states that the promise found in this passage is like receiving a blank cheque signed by God Himself. Why do we waste so much time and energy on worries and doubts? God's provisions are ALWAYS greater then our problems!


Much JOY and LAUGHTER to you ALL! :o)

* * * * *
Linking Up To:



* * * * *

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful work Nancy! Simple yet elegant and so effective. How many times have you been told you have gorgeous penmanship? Make me one more!

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

This hymn is beautiful Nancy. So much so that I've already shared it. Your penmanship is lovely. How did you find this hymn? The card is lovely too. I love the big letters and the butterflies are gorgeous. Feel better. xx Kathy

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Nancy!
TFS~

Susan M said...

So sorry you haven't been well Nancy, hope you are feeling much better! Your page is beautiful, really like that technique with the mists and love the shimmer !Love the colours and sweet butterflies . I am doing my page at the moment and am struggling to get all the title on a 6 x 6 page !
I will be praying for you all as the wedding approaches ,don't forget that He is "rejoicing over you with singing" !

Jonia said...

Absolutely beautiful my friend and so sorry to hear you are sick. But, am glad it was not the day of the wedding.

Tfriday said...

Oh Nancy, I hope you and your hubby feel better soon. Great technique you used on your page today. Love the colors too. TFS... Hugs!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for sharing this today! It is just what I needed! My family is dealing with some difficult issues (physical) and I really needed the encouragement to trust wholly on Christ Jesus the Lord! Love the hymn!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is AWESOME, Nancy! Thanks for sharing this (including all the lyrics). What a blessing to share this on your blog. I really hope it blesses everyone who sees it. I'm SO grateful that you share your wonderful and creative art in our challenges.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear that you and your DH were so ill, hope you are both up on your feet again! It's good to see you creating again, love the beautiful hymn, it's so special. You have made a lovely creation to honour it. Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Tracy said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear that nasty old flu bug has landed at your house. The hymn is beautiful and the cool technique you used on your page is really interesting. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs!
P.S. Looking forward to seeing your mini project.

Unknown said...

I got saved in 1984. I really admire what you have done with this Hymn. I to had never heard of it but like you found great comfort in the words.
A great layout.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful artwork with us this week.Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Geri said...

Oh, man, Nancy...so sorry you've been under the weather!!! I sure know those bugs can hang on this year! You MUST be feeling better, though, because you've created a lovely page once again! Love the beautiful colors and subtle textures you've brought into this! Wonderful!

Sandy Hentzel said...

You have such pretty handwriting. Hope you are feeling better.

Blog Archive