Tuesday 9 July 2024

Printable Cuttable Creatables - Booked for the Summer Reading List Book

        Hello, my friends!

It's time for a new project share for Printable Cuttable Creatables!

In case you missed the announcement...I'm back on the DT
...and excited to get back to work!

The project I'm sharing today would be a great one to involve the kids.
In my opinion, every kid should be working on a fun summer reading list!
I've shared other reading list projects, and my books are all full.
This file from PCC is just what I needed for a new one.

I've used:  Booked for the Summer

Here's my finished book:


I went through my stash of small journals and found this one.
It measures 5" x 7", has lined pages, and some tabbed dividers.
This will work perfectly for listing books in various categories.
You could find some great book options at any dollar store.
Let the kids pick out their own.


The first thing I did was upload the file at Cricut Design Space.
I chose the "Print Then Cut" option.
My book was 5" wide, so I resized the image to 4" wide.


I printed and then cut the image out, using my Cricut Explore Air.
Since my book cover was plain chipboard, I chose a matching pink cardstock to cover it.


I inked around the edges of the chipboard cover, using yellow ink.
Then I adhered the pink cardstock in place, before adhering the image to the cover.


Then I headed back to Cricut Design Space and used the "Cut" file.
Again, I sized the file to 4" wide, before cutting 2 blue and 2 gold.


I didn't use the entire cut file. I pulled out the elements that I wanted.
The kids would enjoy doing this too. 
They could choose their colours, and then pull out their favorite elements.

The following photos offer several options for decorating the pages:




The "S" used to make the word BOOKS was snipped off an extra "SUMMER".


Aren't those fun?


My book had a tight coil binding, so I decided not to remove it.
That meant that there was no inking done under the coil.
I adhered a skinny strip of ribbon to cover the plain chipboard.
Then I knotted several ribbon bits to the top coil.


Now I have a great new book to fill with all my summer reading lists! 
PCC makes it so easy to customize files!
With the options of "Print Then Cut" and "Cut",
we can personalize our projects in so many wonderful ways!

There are a multitude of great files in the shop for this type of project.

You can get the Book Lovers Bundle HERE.

Then how about a fabulous FREE Bookmark file.
After making the book, let the kids decorate/personalize their own bookmarks.

Use my code to get 15% off your purchase:

 * * * * *

Printable Cuttable Creatable Products I Used:

 Booked for the Summer

Other Materials Used:
Cricut Explore Air;
Unknown 5 x 7 Coil Notebook;
Recollections Cardstock;
Martha Stewart Ink - Yellow;
Offray Ribbon.

* * *

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!
 I 
* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:

Printable Cuttable Creatables Shop

Printable Cuttable Creatables Blog

Printable Cuttable Creatables Facebook      

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO good to see you back in the DT, Nancy, love your notebook, such a wonderful title and love the ribbons too. x

Blog Archive