Wednesday 22 August 2012

Second Post This Week? A 12 X 12 Layout!

Aren't you surprised that I'm back again already? :o)
I know I am! lol The week isn't even over yet...who knows what else will happen! 

I have finally made another 12 X 12 layout, after being inspired by several of my very talented friends! I don't think I've ever made one this loaded up before. I had an idea of what I wanted to do and when I went to start on it I discovered I had nothing on hand. So I just had to be a little more creative but that's always where the fun comes in, right?  

I do want to share that this birdhouse is very special to us! It was made by my Father-In-Law, who we lost almost three years ago. It's one of those special treasures that meaningful layouts are made of! The quotes read:

"While it's true that...
A house is built with boards and beams...
A home is built with love and dreams...

It's also true that...
Every bird loves his own nest best!"

I thought that both quotes worked well together for this page...and with something that came up recently in life! :o)

Here's my layout:

The complete layout.


Here's a closeup of the top right corner.
For the large flowers I used the Tattered Floral die and just played with layers. 
Those are the ones I made outside in the yard. 
I placed them on my new Spellbinder die. The tiny roses are from Recollections. 


The Hanging Sign frame, Elegant Flourishes, and the bird house stand were all cut from chipboard. 
Then they were embossed with the Tim Holtz Woodgrain Texture Fade and inked to look like wood.


The one paper I used had a bird on the bottom corner. 
I cut the same bird out of a second page and popped it up on dimensionals. 
Then I built a little nest around it with a few feathers and my new Memory Box die.
Then the bottom corner, below, mimics the top corner. 


Supplies:
Paper: DCWV - Ciao Bella;
Sizzix Dies: Elegant Flourishes, Tattered Florals, Hanging Sign;
Spellbinders Dies: Curved Rectangles, Moroccan Motifs;
Memory Box Dies: Breezy Wreath;
Punches: Martha Stewart - Rose Leaf, Branch;
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Texture Fade - Woodgrain;
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain;
Mini Roses: Recollection;
Yellow Sprigs: Art Angels Designs - Link in my Sidebar;
Wired Bead Sprigs: Unknown;
Jute, Burlap, Feathers: My Stash;
Crocheted Flowers: Nickel Nook;

I'm linking this page up to Scrapbooker's Paradise Playing In Paradise Challenge #80 - HERE.
 I haven't played with them in ages but I thought it would be fun to participate. 
There's a whole new crew of ladies over there and making new friends is always fun, right?

I'm also linking up to Artfull Crafts - August Challenge - Anything Goes - HERE


Okay, that's it for today...or is it? lol I'm off to see what else I can get accomplished this week. 
If you haven't seen my first post this week, please scroll down and take a peek! 
Sunshine and smiles to all of you, my friends! :o)



21 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

What a gorgeous layout... love all the details and elements on your project.....
TFS - have a great day~

Jennifer said...

Just gorgeous Nancy! I love bird houses and this one has such charm! I love all the dies you've used and the background paper!

Gemiel said...

Nancy, your layout is gorgeous!!!! Love all the flowers and you worked wonders with that chipboard!!

ScrapDiva4Ever said...

Beautiful Nancy!!! You really pay attention to detail. Just beautiful!!!
Teresa

Embellishments said...

Wow Nancy this is truly lovely! Love all the details that went into it, so much pretty embellishments to look at. Beautifully done :-) ~Steff~

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout. Beautifully done and conceived. The poems are lovely and so suiting. And by the way - your flowers are better than any store bought flowers could ever hope to be. The are really gorgeous.
Sandy

ScrapChica said...

Hola Nancy! Your layout is Beautiful. And I love that cute lil quote. :) Mucho Hugs!

Tracy said...

WOW! You've just been saving up some awesome creativity to put down on this page haven't you. Gorgeousness galore. I love your handmade flowers and what a special way to preserve your love of this little bird house with so much meaning behind it. it's a fabulous layout Nancy. Thanks for sharing it! Hugs!

TLady said...

NANCY! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! :) LOVE the roses you made!!!!!!! AND the verse is SO FITTING & BEAUTIFUL TOO!!!!! :) GORGEOUS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Stampindamour said...

Nancy - this is very creative! Love the details! xo

-pamela ;)

Jacqui Chimes said...

This is lovely

Ethel said...

Dear Nancy,
Just really love all you creativityness & love you, ew

Jessi Fogan said...

How gorgeous! I love all the spectacular details - and the sentiment. I do love my own nest best :) The feathers in the little nest are just precious, and those blooms...so beautiful! Glad you could play along with us this week in Paradise :)

Geri said...

Wow, this is a beauty, Nancy! So many gorgeous and well thought out details! I love how you've hung the bird house on the post! So clever and so very beautiful!!

fairyrocks said...

This is gorgeous. Thank You so much for playing in paradise with us.

Robyn said...

Nancy, what a perfectly beautiful page! I love the attention to the detail of the everyday!

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful page nancy!
You've done marvels with these branches and flowers!
Very delicate and detailed work!
Thank You~

Marilyn said...

Great page Nancy! I love the photo of the birdhouse... so rustic and weathered. Now those flowers are amazing and so pretty made out of the textured paper and the little crocheted ones for added texture. I think my favourite is the bird and that wild nest you made. If nests can be terrific, this one is. I keep looking at it and I like how you've used the die and those feathers could not be more perfect!

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Oh Nancy it is so wonderful.
So many gorgeous details! I love it.

And the colours are so appealing and fresh

big Hugs Andrea

Jonia said...

WOW is about all I can say as I look at this page! Absolutely beautiful and so detailed. Love the flowers the dies, everything about it just pops out at you. Beautiful Nancy!

Anonymous said...

Lots of catching up to do here Nancy LOL
Beautiful layout and so much detail, gorgeous little bird and sentiment, delightful flowers and a lovely picture of your bird house :) A very happy layout.
Hugs
Lynn xx

Blog Archive