Monday 20 May 2013

A DIE FOR A SKETCH - CHALLENGE #12 - BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION REMINDER

Hello, everyone!
Thanks so much for stopping in again! A big thank you for all the get well wishes too! I really appreciate your sweet words of encouragement! :o)
I'm here today to remind you about the fabulous birthday celebration going on over at A DIE FOR A SKETCH this month! The blog hop is over but there are still lots of prizes up for grabs. You can see the list and all the other Design Team projects HERE. All you have to do is create a project using this great sketch and at least one diecut:


Last time my project used an image from the sponsor Milk Coffee Digi Stamps. You can see that post HERE
This time I used an image from the sponsor StampArt Design by Kathryne. I'm very happy that I got this card done before Mr Flu came to visit! This image is called "Katie" and I think she is just the sweetest thing! The sentiment is also by Kathryne and was a freebie from her "Talk About Tuesday" post. You all really need to head over to Kathryne's blog and subscribe so you can receive the wonderful freebies that she shares every week!


Materials Used:
Papers: Prima- Sun Kiss, Momenta Cardstock;
Prismacolor Pencils and OMS;
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Circles (LG),
Spellbinders Just Rite Custom Dies;
Pearls: Stampin' Up;
Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo;
Doily: My Stash.

* * * * *

Here's a close-up of my corner embellishments. One of the papers had these tiny little bees all over it. I used a die and strategically placed it over the bee...six times...then added some pearls.


* * * * *
Please pop on over to A DIE FOR A SKETCH and check out all the details. Then get to work on your project! Maybe you'll win one of the great prizes! 
There is also a Design Team call going on. All the details can be found HERE!
Thanks very much! :o)


17 comments:

Ilonka said...

Hi Nancy. Your card is so lovely and so sweet.

Hugs, Ilonka

Unknown said...

Such an adorable card Nancy, lovely image and fab design! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Hi Nancy; You're little Katie card is adorable. I love the wee bees. Very clever and beautiful! The card is lovely with the papers and lace. Your colouring of Katie is gorgeous. So sweet!!!Thanks for the sweet intro too. Hope you're well on the mend now, especially with the wedding getting closer. TOU xx Kathy

Marilyn said...

Nancy, this card is cute, cute, cute! Sweet image and I like how you've added the bees/die as such a nifty embellie. That is also a gorgeous piece of paper you've used. Hope you and the hubs are feeling better and on the mend.

Jonia said...

What a sweet card and I am also glad you had it made prior to flu. Hope you have a wonderful week. Wedding day arriving soon!

Susan M said...

A lovely card Nancy ! Your fab colouring really brings the images to life. Love how the colours match your paper and those lovely embellishments, all so very pretty! Hope you are fully recovered now and everything sorted for the wedding. Hope you got your shoes!!

Geri said...

Awwww, Nancy...she's adorable, and so is that sweet sentiment! Love this sweet creation!

Tracy said...

That was so clever to cut out all those little buzzers. She's a sweetie and your card is wonderful. Hope your well on your way down the path of recovery. Hugs!

Rosmarie said...

Oh, this little girl is very nice too!! I love these washed out colors, they works really well with this image!
The corner embellishements are fantastic and so different!!

Thanks for your nice comment, Nancy!
Rosi x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely card Nancy. Judy x

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is just stunning I love the colour choice too, perfect in every way huggles Pops x x x

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Nancy!
Such a soft coloring and gorgeous card!
I love it!! Bravo my Friend ;-)

Jennifer said...

This is just gorgeous Nancy! I love how you've highlighted her and those little bees are so cute! Beautiful paper and doily background!

Embellishments said...

I agree this image is so sweet and so is the card. I hope you are better now :-)
Hugs, Steff

Sandy Hentzel said...

How cute, love the creative accents, never would have thought of that! Hope you are having a great day :)

~Tammy~ said...

Your coloring is amazing! I admire people with this talent. I think I am just not patient enough to play and try and "sharpen" my skills which I have to say I am pretty bad at. This is so so sweet! :-)

AnyOldCraft said...

Good afternoon. Hopped over from A Die for a sketch http://adieforasketch.blogspot.de/2013/05/challenge-12-birthday-celebration-and.html
Wonderful cards :)

Blog Archive