Friday 3 January 2014

Jellypark Friends Challenge - New Beginnings

Hello, my friends!

It's time for a new challenge over at Jellypark Friends! We had such an incredible response to our month long Christmas challenge, with well over 200 participants! We hope to see you all join us again!

The new challenge theme is "New Beginnings" which is very appropriate as we begin a brand new year. This challenge will run for two weeks. For my card I have used a brand new Jellypark release called "New Home House Keys." I started by coloring the keys with my Versa Marker, and then heat embossed them in silver and bronze. I colored the rest of the image and then fussy cut it. Now, what to put it on? A door immediately came to mind. I LOVE old doors. I used to have one, you know. Just a battered old door with the most gorgeous crackling paint and a rusty old door knob. I didn't really have a place to put it, and it took up a lot of room, but I just couldn't bear to part with it! So we cut it in half and I only kept one half! lol Some day I hope to get a hold of that fabulous Bo Bunny collection called Avenues. So many beautiful doors to play with! Well, that's a bunch of useless information for all of you. Doors excite me and start me rambling! ;o)

Back to my card...and how I made the door. I used my Stampin' Up Woodgrain stamp on kraft cardstock twice using brown and the black ink. I cut around the stamping and then cut it into 3/4" strips. I then inked around each strip of "wood", and adhered them to a kraft base, alternating the brown and black. The hinges and keyhole were adhered, and a embellished with bronze brads. I added the image to the door. I printed out a second image and colored the heart and tag, fussy cut them, and added them on top of the first using dimensionals. Finally, I added pearls for the chain. It was a super fun image to play around with! 


A closer look at the embossed keys and pearl chain:


Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Kraft Cardstock;
Image: Jellypark - New Home House Keys;
Prismacolor Pencils and OMS;
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Black, Bronze;
Ink: Stampin' Up - Basic Black, Basic Brown, Versa Marker,
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain;
Maker: American Crafts - Metallic Silver;
Stamp: Stampin' Up - Woodgrain;
Die: Tim Holtz Alterations - Hardware Findings;
Brads and Pearls: My Stash.

* * * * *
So come on over to Jellypark Friends and join us in our "New Beginnings" challenge! 

19 comments:

Penny said...

So cute, Nancy! Love the embossing on the keys! Love the look of a door with the hinges and a keyhole--so cute! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Natalie said...

Very clever card, Nancy!! Love the elements you've made to create this! Happy New Year and God bless!

Gemiel said...

Wow Nancy, I can't believe how much your door looks like it's made of real wood. What a fabulous card! May you have a wonderfully blessed 2014.

Desire Fourie said...

This is so creative and perfect to celebrate a new home.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Really clever idea Nancy, the embossed keys are fab xx

Jonia said...

Nancy I love this! You make me want to stamp, but can't hardly keep up with my two DT team projects. I just love this door. Beautiful job!

Geri said...

Sweet, Nancy...love how you've dressed up those keys!

Tfriday said...

Awesome card, Nancy. Love the theme of this challenge too. Very appropriate! Tfs, hugs.

Unknown said...

What a fun card this is Nancy, I, too, love your embossed keys, they look like metal like this. Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Tracy said...

Cool job of the woodgrain stamping and your hardware is super fun. Looks pretty welcoming to me. Hugs!

mamawcindy said...

You always do such a wonderful job on your Cards. Love It and Love your Purple Happy New Year's Eve Card. Happy New Year to you!!! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

alexandra s.m. said...

Clever and pretty!
Bravo Nancy!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is so sweet, hugs Pops x

Susan M said...

I wouldn't have guessed the wood was a stamp ! It's fabulous ! Love the keys too ,it's a really elegant new house card !

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

I didn't realize the wood grain was a stamp either. I love the texture on the keys also! Great job Nancy.

Tracy said...

This is stunning.
Love the wood grain and how you used the strips to make the door.
I love keys, so that is my favourite part of your project.

Kelly said...

Love the tag and keys against the woodgrain! You are so clever to design the door too, great card for a house warming!!
Hugs Kelly

Rosmarie said...

Thank you Nancy, for your kind wishes. To you and your family too, a successful and Happy New Year!
Beautiful card!
Rosi x

Marilyn said...

What a fun and clever housewarming card to receive! Love those embossed keys and the contrast of the pearls with the woodgrain... who would have guessed that was a stamp? It looks just like wood on the kraft.

Blog Archive