Friday 29 March 2024

Happy Easter with Emerald Creek Craft Supplies

Happy Easter, my friends!

You may have noticed that I haven't been around much lately.
I've been struggling with some eye issues.
It's been a struggle but I'm hoping the end is in sight! ;o)
(Pun intended)
If anything looks off...it's me, not you! 

I thought I would begin with some fun Easter cards for Emerald Creek Craft Supplies

I am featuring:

Fowl Line Cling Mount Stamp;

Happy Easter Cling Mount Stamp;

Pastel Blue Embossing Powder;

Pastel Lilac Embossing Powder;

Pastel Mint Embossing Powder;

and Pastel Pink Embossing Powder.

* * *

Here are all three cards together:


Now I will walk you through how I created each one.


For this card, I cut a panel of white cardstock that measured.
Using embossing ink, along with the Fowl Line Stamp,
I stamped the image in rows.
I began and ended the stamp at different spots,
and stamping off the edge of the panel.
This gives it a nice random appearance.
I just eye-balled the stamping but a stamp positioner would work great.
I then sprinkled all four pastel shades of embossing powder. 
I began with pink in the top left-hand corner. 
I followed that with the blue, then mint, and finally lilac.
All were sprinkled in a pleasing angle.
Then I heat set the embossing powder.
To finish the card, I mounted the panel on a matching mint paper, using foam tape.
I then added it to a white card base before adding a pretty mint bow.


For this larger, tent-fold card, I followed the same process.
However, this time I stamped only three rows with embossing ink.
I used blue on the bottom two rows, and pink on the top.
I also embossed the "Happy Easter" in pink.
It's quite pale in the photos but it's lovely and shiny in real life.
I wrapped the front panel with ribbon before matting it on pink patterned paper,
and a layer of blue cardstock.
Finally, I added the bow, and some pretty matching dew drops.

Now for my final card:


I stamped/embossed the image only once on this card front.
I centered the image on the bottom, and then centered the sentiment on the top.
I used the pastel lilac embossing powder -it has a beautiful blue toned mauve colour.
I wrapped the panel with blue satin ribbon, and then added a smaller purple ribbon on top.
I used foam tape to adhere it to a decorative paper,
before adding it to my white card base.
Finally, I added a purple bow, and more pretty dew drops.


These two stamps were so fun to play with.
They would be lovely stamped with ink too
but I think the embossing adds such pretty shine and dimension!
Give it a try!

* * *

Emerald Creek Products Used:

Fowl Line Cling Mount Stamp;

Happy Easter Cling Mount Stamp;

Pastel Blue Embossing Powder;

Pastel Lilac Embossing Powder;

Pastel Mint Embossing Powder;

and Pastel Pink Embossing Powder.

Other Materials Used:
White Cardstock;
Echo Park - Springtime;
K & Company - Poppyseed;
Recollections - Backyard Table;
 Robin's Nest Creative Dew Drops - Orchid and Water;
Offray Ribbon.

* * *

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back with another new project soon!

Emerald Creek Craft Supplies has such a great variety of fun products!
Head on over to the shop and check it out!

* * *

Here are all the links for you:

Emerald Creek Craft Supplies

Emerald Creek Facebook

Emerald Creek Instagram

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely cards Nancy, I'm way behind with commenting, so didn't realise you had problems with your eyes. Hope all is sorted soon? x

Blog Archive