Wednesday 5 May 2010

Scripture Challenge - Quiet

Oh, how I love the quiet! Isn't it amazing what you can hear in the quiet? Yet...when you don't want to listen...that quiet can become quite deafening!! lol

This was a wonderful study again, wasn't it? However, God kept bringing me back to this verse that He gave me quite a number of years ago. I used to have my own website where I sold my finished handcrafted items. This verse was featured on my homepage. It really offers wise instruction. On my page I left out the last part of verse 11, and I really like how it continues in verse 12, so I'll put it all together here:

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody." 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12







Paper: Forever In Time Scrapbook Collection,
Paper Medley - Soft Greens
Die: Provo Craft Cuttlebug Die - Vintage Set,
Ink: Martha Stewart - Stem Green,
Marker: Marvy Le Plume No. 72 Pine Green,
Flowers: Prima E-Line Flowers Green,
Unknown cardstock, bling.

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

This is so peaceful looking with your choice of using the colour green. Great scripture choice.

Gwen said...

Oh, this is lovely! Great verses that you shared and oh how true!! Love the flowers and the "vines"!!

Patter Cross said...

This turned out so very pretty! Love the background paper and the flowers. The verse is so perfect! Have a blessed Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. It is beautiful. I think I missed that verse....to live quiet. You've done a wonderful job on this card. Glad you left a link at my blog.
Leslie

Blog Archive