Sunday 29 April 2012

Leslie's Macaroni Challenge

My friend Leslie had a fun Macaroni Challenge over on her blog! I don't even know if I followed the rules because I didn't read any of them before I created my card! lol I just had lots of fun and created this card with Leslie in mind.
I had some funny little short tube noodles. I placed them all on their sides and stuck them to a strip of painters tape. I inked them up and stamped them along the bottom of the card. It's hard to see the different shades but it's actually black, green and brown.
The textured macaroni shaped noodles were inked in black. Leslie...those are the road gators you taught us about! Isn't it funny how that's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw them? :o)
The side of the truck displays the company logo. What do you think of that? lol Those are my tiny alphabet noodles that have been alcohol inked. This is the first time I have used my alcohol ink.
Finally, inside the truck are Leslie and Joe. Joe is sporting the bow-tie noodle that has also been colored with alcohol ink. I didn't want to draw their faces on for fear of insulting them...although I do think I came close with Joe's hairdo!
So there you have it, Leslie...my macaroni card! Be careful out on those roads...there's gators out there! :o)
Papers: Recollections Cardstock;
Die: Tim Holtz - Old Jalopy;
Stamp: Simon Says Stamp - Cloud;
Ink: Stampin' Up - Basic Black, Basic Brown, Green;
Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Watermelon;
Assorted Noodles.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Macaroni Challenge is "da bom!" :D

The rules, simply put, were what can you do with macaroni and you followed the rules :-)

Oh my stinkin' heck, you had both Joe and I laughing and chuckling and laughing out loud.

Excellent use of noodles to stamp the roadway. I must add, those road gators are fierce and fantastic :D. Love what you've done with the alphabet noodles.

Nancy, you Rocked this challenge!!

Love you - Leslie

Anonymous said...

Joe says "The hair-do is just right"! :D

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you both liked it! :o)

Jan Marie said...

How fun, clever and thoughtful is this!! Love the art, the road gators, the bow tie. . .and the interchange! Thanks for the blessing this morning!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Nancy you made a very funny card. Loved your interpretation of Leslie's challenge, this is so funny and just great :) Leslie and Joe obviously thought it was fab too.

Love and hugs
Lynn xx

Jennifer said...

This is really a great card! Love the macaroni inking and the licence plate is fantastic!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

this is so fun!

Jonia said...

This is just too cute Nancy! I love all your Noodles! I am going to call it your "Noodle Car Card!"

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness this is to cute.
I like your noodle letters, I wouldn't have guessed if you didn't tell us :)

My Little Craftie Corner said...

Nancy, love the Macaroni Challenge,you know when parents tell there kids don't play with you food, well i think its an awesome thing to do, look what you can do with it! Oh i am not calling you a kid! lol love the Old Jalopy!! i really do need to get this!
Yvonne :)

Susan M said...

This is such a fun card Nancy , you have done such a fab job with the old jalopy die! It's all brilliantly put together!

Geri said...

I thought this was just the CUTEST idea, Nancy!! Love it!!

Blog Archive