Monday 17 February 2014

Lia Stampz Challenge #59 - Add a Heart

Happy Monday morning, my friends!

There's a new challenge running over at Lia Stampz! It's an easy one too...all you have to do is "Add a Heart" to your project!

The card I made for this challenge was actually my Valentine to my sweetie. This is one of my very favorite Lia Stampz images. Isn't it fun? This is me squeezing the life out of my husband! lol He's so good to me! 

Just a little side note for those of you who care...
My husband did buy the card I made...from me...to give to me. He paid me very well too. Then when I open the card...it's empty! There's no lovey dovey message from him! When I asked him about it he said that there's no way he's going to write in my beautiful card and mess it up! lol What a guy! ;o)

Back to this fun card. This image is called "Girl Hug" and you can find it at Whimsy Stamps right HERE. I just colored it up, added some fun layers, and a green twine bow. Finally, I punched out a few little pink hearts and added them. 



Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstoc,k;
Image: Lia Stampz - Girl Hug,
Prismacolor Pencils and OMS;
Punch: Martha Stewart - Hearts;
Twine: Hemptique - Green.

* * * * *
Please pop on over to Lia Stampz and join in the fun!
Happy week to you all! :o)


11 comments:

Dunja Trautmann said...

*giggle*
ooh my dear friend, it turns out great and your husband is to.... i can not find words for that :) He is a very lovely and great hubby to you, right? He did not wrote any letter in the card? *giggle again*
the image is to cute and i thought about that you are doing that with you sweetheart :)

Huggles from here to you Nancy, and have a nice week

{LOVE} Dunja

Penny said...

Really darling card, Nancy! Love the fun image! Great coloring, love your design, and really love the color palette! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Marilyn said...

Such a fun card and great image Nancy. I love the look on her face too. Wasn't that sweet of hubs not to 'mess' up your card... but two hundred dollar bills wouldn't have hurt a thing! hahahha...

Unknown said...

This is love! LOL! Superfun card Nancy and I love those bright colours you've picked, so vivid! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Christine L said...

Awww I love that little story of what your hubbie did... he sounds like a keeper!!hehe

Gorgeous card... very CAS layout and perfect as it takes nothing away from the image!

Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Loving your card Nancy! ISmashing hubby you've got..(or a crafty one)! I don't write on the envelope when I give hubs his card. He looks at the blank enevelope and says with a sigh, 'I suppose you want the envelope back then?' Hee Hee. He knows me so well! xxx

Tracy said...

Hmmmm...isn't it funny how often we'd like to do this to them. LOL. Mine took one look at the chubby Cupid on my card for him and said "so that's what you think of me huh". :-) Of course then I had to explain that wasn't supposed to be him, but I don't think he believed me. Husbands..what cha gonna do with them. Fun card Nancy. Hugs!

Jonia said...

Nancy, just love this card. That image is just perfect and I just love it. Kind of reminds me of my niece and nephew, brother and sister who don't want you to know they love each other. Too cute.

Susan M said...

Your husband must have loved this Nancy ! I love the expressions on their faces! gorgeous colours and the twine is fab for a masculine card too !

Geri said...

Oh, how cute!!! And I'm right there with your husband...I sometimes cringe before writing inside the cards I'm giving...I always seem to mess something up!

chanya13 said...

Love colors combo!!! and funny image :)

Blog Archive