Thursday 11 June 2015

Deedee's June Digi of the Month Challenge


This digi is called "Diver Daniel" and you can find it in  Deedee's Shop.

As always, Deedee's digi sets come with precoloured images, or ones you can colour yourself.
 I chose to use the coloured images for my project.
I must say that I'm really enjoying the option!

My card is an easel card.
I used blue vellum for the water, and layered it both behind and in front of the image.


The fun sentiment is part of the set. 
More vellum on the inside, with the images both behind and on top.


Here's what the card looks like closed.
Isn't he cute?
I added glossy accents to the mask and snorkel bubbles.


Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock,
Vellum from my Stash;
Dies: Sizzix Framelits - Card, Regal Stand-Ups
by Stephanie Barnard;
Punch: Fiskars - Boundary Waters Border Punch;
Bling: The Robin's Nest - Water, Mowed Grass;
Glossy Accents. 

* * * * *
Linking Up To:


* * * * *
Since I created a project using the June digi,
I will receive another free digi set for the July challenge.
I can't wait to see what it is.

You can pop over to Deedee's and join in the fun.

Have a great day! :o)


16 comments:

Susan M said...

I can view ALL the photos today ! Love this Nancy , what a great idea to use the vellum, the image is super cute ! The framelits die is lovely ! Oh well ,back to the tidying up , no crafting today !

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Nancy, this is fabulous! Love how you used the vellum. So very effective. :-D Thanks for joining us in the DOM challenge at Deedee's Digis this month. See you again in July.
NanaConnie DT

Penny said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the fun scene you created with the cute image! The vellum is so perfect on this! And the sentiment cracks me up! Great job, Nancy! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Kathy D. said...

A lot of work and fun went into this card and it shows!! I love it! I love the vellum behind and then again in front. Love the design of the card. You rocked it this month!!
Kathy D.
Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator

Marilyn said...

This is a great card Nancy and you can tell there's been a lot of thought and work go into this. It's so cute and I love the clever way you used the vellum. Great shape (don't we all wish...) and fab colouring. This really is a super cute summer card!

aussie aNNie said...

Nancy, this is gorgeous, great colours and vibrant image. Love your use of the vellum, you are so clever in the making of this awesome card and love your cute images and colouring.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGosh your vellum waves are awesome. What a wonderful treatment for this adorable digi. I love the inside verse too. So cute.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Christine L said...

This is SOOOOOOO good Nancy!! It really makes me smile and is just one of THOSE cards that you love on sight!! The vellum water is perfect!

Hugs
Christine x

Tracy said...

Your creative imagination scored a big A+ on this one Nancy. The ways you have put that vellum to use have added tons of interest to your card. Love it!!! Hugs!

Rosmarie said...

Wow Nancy, this is a super fun easel card!! Just gorgeous!! I love how you used the vellum - a very clever idea!! ;)
Hugs, Rosi

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Nancy! This has to be a favorite of mine!
How beautiful and adorable! I love the whole scene!!
BRAVO my Friend!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Oh my Gracious!!!
This is the cutest card I have seen !!!

love the creativity !
This would have taken awhile to do !!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Oh my Gracious!!!
This is the cutest card I have seen !!!

love the creativity !
This would have taken awhile to do !!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness this card is adorable.
I love how you used the velum as the water and how the little ducky is peeking above it….so cool

Bernadet said...

Ooooh my god Nancy, this is just fantastic!!!
I love the way you used the vellum!

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Oh WoW! I'm not sure how I missed this but this card is amazing! I love everything that you did. Brilliant my friend!

Blog Archive