Sunday 3 April 2016

Glory {Art 2016} Scripture Challenge #2 - Happiness or Joy?

Hello, my friends!

Sunday Blessings to you all! :o)

I'm back to share my second Glory {Art 2016} Scripture Challenge page.
Yes, I said page. I opted to do a second page in my journal. 

I confess that I didn't read Patter's devotional until after my page was complete.
I was inspired by the title alone, and this page popped into my head. 
The title was simply "Happiness or Joy?".
To me those are two very different things!
Patter has shared some wonderful thoughts and Scriptures on this subject.
Please pop over to her blog and read everything HERE.

I really do like it when my project turns out just like what's in my head. 
I think this page displays JOY beautifully! 

Originally, I had intended to only share a portion of this verse.
After reading it I knew I had to share more.
The last line of Nehmiah 8:10 says:

"Do not grieve, for the JOY of the Lord is your strength."

So many of us have experienced loss in our lives.
It's easy to dwell on that loss, and let the grief take over.
That's not what God wants for us.
He is there for us...to help us through the hard times.
He is in control of all of it!
That assurance is what true JOY is all about! :o)



Materials Used:
My Journal;
Image: Mo's Digital Pencil - A Big Whoop,
Spectrum Noir Markers;
Ink: Distress Ink - Scattered Straw, Fired Brick,
Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord,
Memento - Tuxedo Black;
Stencils: The Crafter's Workshop - Mini Halftone Borders,
Tim Holtz - Rays;
Stamps: Heidi Swapp - Alphabet;
Sequins: Dollarama.

* * * * *
Linking Up To:

Glory {Art 2016} Scripture Challenge #2 Happiness or Joy?

Mo's Digital Challenge #261 - Anything Goes with a Mo Image



* * * * *

As I was working on my page, this was the song in my head:



Okay...it might not have been just in my head.
It came out of my mouth too! ;o)

Remember, my friends
"Weeping may endure for the night, but JOY cometh in the morning!"
(Psalm 30:5)

EnJOY your day! :o)

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a VERY beautiful page and shows JOY in all it's sense, love it. Played the video while writing this, now I'm filled with Joy. Thank you.

Thank you also for the Psalm

Miss Daisy Stamps said...

This is awesome, Nancy. Cute image and fabulous design. Thanks for the song. Now I'll be singing it all day! Happy Stamping!

Anonymous said...

What a happy image and design you've used, it's impossible to look at this and be in a bad mood! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Mo's this month. Good luck in the draw. Hugs, Elin

TLady said...

Nancy! This image is ADORABLE! It makes me think of Peppy Longstocking! LOOOOVE what you've done with the background for her too & the video is PERFECT with this!!!! ;)BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! P.S. Thanks for coming over! ;) (((HUGS!)))

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Nancy - I shared this on Google+ - thanks for sharing!

Blog Archive