Tuesday 31 May 2016

Flourishes New Release Blog Hop - Day 3

Hello, my friends!

Welcome back to Day 3 of the Flourishes New Release Blog Hop!
One lucky winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Flourishes LC Store.
Keep reading to find out how! :o)
Today we're featuring the new release stamp set called "A Mother's Hug"
...which you will find in the Flourishes Shop.

I thought this image would be perfect for a baby album,
so that's what I've done.
I stamped the focal image on watercolor paper.
Then I used my Distress Markers and a water brush to colour it.
It's such a lovely way to colour!


Here's a closer look at the image:


The coloured image was layered on top of this beautiful die, which is available HERE.
Then I adhered it to the journal cover, which I had covered with blue cardstock.


I added a shimmery bow, and some bits from the die-cut,
to decorate the bottom of the page.
Finally, I added some pretty pearls.


Materials Used:
Journal From My Stash;
Image: Flourishes LC - A Mother's Hug,
Distress Markers and Water Brush;
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black;
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels 47;
Ribbon: Celebrate It;
Pearls: Stampin' Up. 

* * * * *



How can you be in the running for the prize of a $25 gift certificate?
You must comment on each one of the Designer's blogs and the Flourishes LC blog, 
on all THREE days of the blog hop.
Then your name will be entered in the random draw for the prize.

Here is the blog hop list: 

you are here> Nancy Nickel <you are here

Well, that's it for our June New Release!
I hope you have had fun with our blog hop!
We'll be back to share another release next month! :)

9 comments:

Naomi said...

Nancy, what a wonderful way to use this stamp set! I think this set is perfect for a baby project and your colouring with the distress markers gives such a soft beautiful effect.

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card! Great use of distress inks.

Susan M said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Nancy ! Such a lovely stamp and love how you've coloured it. I tried stamping on watercolour paper the other day but didn't get a good result I'll try the Memento ink. The die cut is lovely !

Lenoria said...

Such a wonderful idea, a journal! This stamp is so beautiful and your coloring and use of it is perfect.

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use this image for a baby album ! And I love your colors !

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love the idea of a baby album! What Mother wouldn't love this!!

Amanda said...

Nancy, I love your fantastic baby journal idea, it's the perfect image for one :) Your coloring and the water colored background is so soothing and tranquil, who wouldn't want to look at that every time they opened their journal? I love the Spellbinders you used behind the image too, it really adds elegance to your art :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a wonderful image. You coloured it beautifully.

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

The image is perfect to use for a mini album. Once again I love your colouring!

Blog Archive