Sunday 7 October 2018

Clear Scraps - October Kit Club - Angel Pallet Ornament Card

Hello, my friends!

I'm back with another project share for Clear Scraps!
This month I've had the pleasure of working with the fabulous 
October Q Kit,
which you can find in the shop HERE.

Here are the details:


Isn't it fantastic?
I had so much fun creating projects with this kit!
I'll be sharing some of them with you here.
You can see much more at the Kit Club Blog HERE.

* * * * *
This is my second project share from this fabulous kit!

This time I'm sharing my Angel Pallet Ornament Card.
This project is a Christmas Card and Gift all in one.

I began by using the gorgeous Creative Impressions Gilding Polish from the Kit, 
to paint my wood Angel Pallet.
I set this aside to dry, and went on to prepare my card.

I cut a 5 1/2" square card base, using cardstock from my stash.
I then added a piece of 5 1/2" green cardstock from my stash, 
and adhered it to the front of the card base.
I cut a 5 1/4" square of striped paper from the Authentique Holiday Collection,
included in the Kit.
I adhered this in place, on top of the green cardstock. 


I positioned the dry Angel in place on the front of the card.
Using a piercing tool, I poked holes on each side of the neck,
as well as on each side of the wood support lower down.
Refer to the photo.
Then I threaded some metallic cord, from my stash, 
through the holes.
For the neck holes, I tied the bow on the front of the card,
and left some longer tails.
For the lower holes, I tied a short knot on the inside of the card,
and trimmed the tails short.


I cut this sweet tag from another one of the Authentique Holiday Collection Papers, 
included in the Kit.
I matted it with a scrap of green cardstock,
and added some more of the pretty striped paper,
before adhering it in place to the inside of the card.


Now the recipient of this card can untie the bow,
and snip the lower knot,
to simply remove this Angel ornament from the card.
The metallic bow can be retied around the Angel's neck,
 a hook can be inserted in the back,
and the Angel is ready to hang on the tree!
A personal message can easily be written on the back,
or a name and year can be written/stamped on the front!
Isn't that fun?


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Cardstock - White, Green;
Metallic Cord - Green, Gold;
Tool: Paper Piercer.


* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back with another Kit Club project very soon! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:

3 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Sweet cards. They both have a vintage feel.

Katie said...

This is lovely

Maria Pilar said...

So pretty!

Blog Archive