Sunday 17 January 2021

Sherlock Holmes Case File Junk Journal

 Hello, my friends!

As I've ended some DT work, 
and have a bit of a break before my new DT work begins,
I've been working on some fun new creative projcts.

My favorites have been some junk journals, and altered books.
You'll be seeing more of those projects as I progress. 

Today I have a finished junk journal to share.
I've used some of the Sherlock Collection from Meg's Garden.

I'm not going to share all the photos because I've put together a slideshow. 
I will show the front and back cover, and say just a few things about it.

Here's the front cover:


Isn't that fun?
I decided that a file folder made the perfect cover for a Sherlock Holmes themed journal.
It's a very masculine journal with LOTS of room to write...so a real journal! ;o)
It would make a great gift for the guy in your life.
After I did the stamping on the cover,
 I decided that a case file wouldn't be stamped so cleanly.
So I went back and added the lines.
I added a small key with a bulb pin, and wrapped the journal with some jute twine.

I folded the file folder so that it formed a couple of fun pockets,
including this big one on the back cover.

I had so much fun putting this one together. 
I reinforced th spine, and stitched in the two signatures.
Other than the kit pages, I added coffee dyed paper, 
and some specialty parchment/tracing type paper.

I've made some ephemera clusters that have been paperclipped in place.
There are also tuck spots and pockets that hold LOTS of extra bits.

As I was putting it together I kept thinking along the lines of an actual case.
As I added the tabs, I was thinking they should be labeled:
crime, evidence, suspects, etc. 
I also tried to find some "mystery" sounding music to go with the video. ;o)

Here's the slideshow:


I tried to make it nice and short for you.
Not all the pages are shown but the ones I missed are just duplicates

* * * * *

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with some more fun projects! :o)

3 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Very cool journal.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I so admire you Nancy for doing these beautiful and varied pages, (great music too) A fabulous piece of work.
Faith x

Jana Forrest said...

Nancy dear, your junk journal creation blew me away! Absolutely Fabulous!!! Very very well done! hugs, jana

Blog Archive