Thursday 22 August 2013

Sushi Dolls #16 - Aida

Hello, my friends!

I'm back...live and in person! Well, as much as I can be online! lol
We enjoyed a wonderful little holiday, and I thank you all for your "happy holiday" wishes! I also want to thank you for stopping by and commenting on my scheduled posts! I so appreciate each of you! :o)

Today I have another new Sushi Doll to share with you. Her name is Aida, and she is from the August Fairytale release. Isn't she sweet? It looks to me like she's dressed in little flower petals, so I made her a little flower home! I cut the flowers out with my Cricut and did some inking. I curled the petals up a bit to add dimension. I then added a layer of cheesecloth to give some texture behind the image. I tied a doubled triple bow with seam binding and added it along with a few mini roses. Finally, I used some Liquid Pearls and Stickles to add some sparkle. Pop on over to Susi's Shop and take a look at all her fabulous new images. They're so much fun to play with!

I'll never be able to catch up on all that I missed while I was gone but I do hope to be around to visit you all very soon! Happy Days to you all! :o)


This photo shows some of the sparkle:


Materials Used:
Papers: Studio Calico - Heyday Collection;
Prismacolor Pencils and OMS;
Cricut Cartridge: Flower Shoppe;
Ink: Martha Stewart - Mandarin Orange;
Flowers: Recollections - Boutique Fleur;
Mediums: Stickles - Diamond,
Liquid Pearls - Buttercup and Petal Pink, 
Seam Binding: My Stash.

* * * * *

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Nancy, this is the cutest one yet! I love how you put her in a flower and the double bow! Sweet coloring and very beautiful.
Glad you are back to we can chit chat!
Hugs Kelly

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Absolutely adorable Nancy! Welcome home!
Hugs,
Tracey

Marilyn said...

She's a cutie and so clever how you've 'housed' her in those pretty petals. Great papers too.

Natalie said...

I just love your design!! From the pretty design paper, stickles and sweet little Aida this is just darling!! Wonderful card.
Welcome back, I've been pretty MIA as of late myself! God bless :-)

Ardilla said...

Hi, Nancy!
This is very, very cute... Love the colors you choose and how sweet your project looks.
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Jonia said...

I love this Nancy! Girl you are the "Girl." So glad you had a wonderful holiday and now all refreshed and ready to go I see.

Susan M said...

Gorgeous again Nancy !Lovely papers and that bow is fabulous! Glad you had a good holiday !

alexandra s.m. said...

Another master piece my Friend!
She is so sweet indeed and I love these soft colors ;-)
Thank you~

Tfriday said...

Oh wow Nancy. Love it. TFS, friday

Tfriday said...

Oh wow Nancy. Love it. TFS, friday

Tracy said...

Oh my she is adorable. You coloured her so beautifully and live that you made her home a flower. Reminds me of a TV show when I was a little girl where the girl came out of her flower.
I have to look into these images so sweet

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Oh so adorable! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is a gorgeous creation, huggles Pops x x x

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Very beautiful Nancy. I love the petals. Really pretty. Welcome back! Glad you had nice holidays. See you soon. xx Kathryne

Geri said...

This is adorably sweet, Nancy! One my favorites, I think! You've colored here so sweetly!!!

Embellishments said...

She is so Adorable and having her on a flower is a fabulous idea! It looks as if the flower blossom and there she is :-)
Hugs, Steff

Blog Archive