Friday 15 July 2011

52 Week Scrapbook Challenge - No Rules, Anything Goes

Can you believe the Challenge this week? Mary had no idea that "no rules" was my theme this week when she posted the challenge! How fun is that? I certainly had fun creating my project...and I did break a couple of my rules. I have used an 8 X 8 page for all 37 of the 52 Week Scrapbook Challenges previous to this. Also, this bright green is not a color I typically work with. I was inspired to make this Heart Hanging by Katharina over at Whiff Of Joy Stamps. The chipboard base is cut from an 81/2 X 11 size. The color I chose was inspired by the flower from my stash. Then I chose to keep the whole piece rather monochromatic in coloring. Some inking, a little stitching, a whole lot of fun! I hope you like it! :o)
Papers: My Mind's Eye - Home;
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink;
Stamp: Stampin' Up Music Notes Wheel;
Brads & Dies: Recollections;
Bingo Card & Seam Binding: MM Vintage Findings;
Flower, Flower Center, Lace, Ribbon,
Chipboard and Cardstock: My Stash.

11 comments:

Tfriday said...

Awesome job, Nancy. I wouldn't typically grab that color too but it turned out great... Love everything you did. TFS... Hugs

Teen Queen said...

This is great! I love how the color worked. 'No rules'...rules!

Patter Cross said...

Oooh, Nancy! This is the first thing I see as I come over to your blog. Stunning! LOVE all of the green, the bird/cage, everything. Just beautiful! And sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. One of my daughter's is very ill which requires a LOT of time each day and appointments each week. We know God has a plan, and we definitely see Him moving mightily. I appreciate you! Have a blessed day!

Mary said...

Beautiful Nancy! That's my favorite color, that green. I guess I'll have to get busy and post another challenge here soon won't I.

gardenpinks said...

What a beautiful piece Nancy. Green isn't something I would normally choose but you have done a great job with the monochromatic look. Love the look and love what you have achieved, made me rethink my colours.

Love and hugs
Lynn xx

Tracy said...

I really like this project. The great shape, the great green colors, the great embellishments. LOL Can you tell I think it's great! :-) You really did a wonderful job on this Nancy. Hugs!

Dunja Trautmann said...

Hi Nancy, wow your heart hanger is soooo gorgeous. I love the green style. Have to say, i don't like green, but your 's is amazing hun.

Sending a big hug
Dunja x

Katharina Frei said...

A fabulous creation Nancy!! Love it.
Katharina

Anonymous said...

Well, I have nothing original to add here. Like everyone else has commented, the monochromatic green is stunning and, of course, your embellishment choices are always wonderful. I'm jealous! Your wheel work is always so lovely and clear. Love the musical notes behind the bird. Gives him a tune to whistle :-)
Love you Girlfriend - Leslie

Sparkly Pink Star said...

SOO PRETTY!

Jonia said...

WOW Nancy, I have to quit being so busy that I miss all of these beautiful creations.

Blog Archive