Saturday 16 July 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge - NEW

Most of you that come here on a regular basis know that I live with pain. I don't usually share about it unless the Lord is nudging me to do so. Well, He's nudging! lol It was brought to my attention last Sunday during share time at church just how many people are in physical pain. Chances are some of you reading this also suffer from some sort of injury, or illness, or disease that causes your body to hurt. For some this pain is just temporary and you know it will heal given time. For others, the pain is there to stay. Sometimes this pain is just an irritant in life; you know it's there and it's annoying but you'll survive it. Then again, for others, the pain can be constant and excruciating! It takes over your entire life and dictates all that you can and cannot do! The good news is that the pain really won't last forever because these bodies are only temporary! One day we'll get a NEW body, a perfect body; totally free of pain! Wow!! :o)

I used butterflies for symbolism. I ran this thick acrylic one through my Big Shot and cracked it so it looks like stained glass. Then I inked it up. It looks really cool! Here's a close-up picture below.
Papers: Papermania Summer Bloom Paper Pack;
Sizzix Dies: Stampin' Up Embosslits Beautiful Wings,
Tim Holtz Alterations - Vintage Cabinet Card;
Maya Road Acrylic Butterfly Key Chain;
Flower: Maya Road Gingham Fabric Blossom - green;
Embossing Folder: Crafts Too - Spots and Dots;
Stamps: 7gypsies - Alphabet, Hero Arts - Quotes Background;
Inks: Colorbox Chalk - olive pastel & orchid pastel;
N: MM Metro Mini Shimmer Alpha - pink;
Bling: Kaisercraft - split pea;
Marker: Marvy Le Plume II no. 72 pine green.

17 comments:

Lacie Root said...

Love the butterfly I can imagine that it could carry that pain right away it is so beautiful. I love the theme to the challenge being new, it reminds me of our VBS theme of being a new creation in Christ.

Faithful Crafter said...

Nancy, the butterfly is so pretty. Really like what you did with it. Love your commitment to scripture in your ABC Scripture Challenge, you are inspiring! I haven't been to your site in a while. Wow, love the new look. All my best, Valerie

Mary said...

This is so beautiful Nancy!

gardenpinks said...

You astound me with what you create when you are in so much pain; what would you come up with once you are painfree again :)

Love this layout, beautiful papers and embellishments - more green going on here:) Green butterflies and a green pin on a geen gingham flower. Beautiful.

Tracy said...

So sorry you are feeling poorly my friend, but I think that pain translated into something really beautiful. Not only your project, but your words. What a day that will be!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Nancy, I'm so sorry you have to experience pain the way you do.
It is admirable that you would have enough wisdom and talent to translate that state into a work of art. Bravo!!

Tfriday said...

Love all your butterflies especially the stain glass one. Clever. How thick is that acrylic? I suffer with back pain almost everyday. It's no fun. I wouldn't have guess cuz your work flawless. TFS...

Sara said...

Butterflies are such perfect symbolism here. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy Ang said...

Love that green check butterfly. Did you fold it yourself from fabric ?

ScrapChica said...

Hola Nancy! You are a Breath of Fresh Air Nancy...thank you for lifting my spirits with your art. Your butterfly is Awesome...you should totally do a tutorial on it. Big Hugs & God Bless. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I know when you are laid low. During those times you are in my heart and in my prayers.

I concur with Lynn on your creativity while in pain. I have no idea how you can come up with the beauty you create. I just sit and soak up your offerings as they come.

I'm glad you shared this bit of yourself. You have helped others here with your sharing.

Love you my friend - Leslie

Anne-Marie said...

This is so pretty and your cracked butterfly looks great.
Thankyou for all that you have shared and it will be wonderful one day to have that new body.

Nancy K said...

Love this page, Nancy! It's lovely and the message is so encouraging. Like you I live with pain, and I'm looking forward to that new, pain-free body! blessings to you, my friend!

EverydayNorma said...

Nancy,
Oh my...Love, Love, Love this page..!
Cant stop staring at it, its beautiful.
Stunning!! Hooray for New bodies. Can't Wait!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Nancy I am so happy to meet another Canadian Scrapbooker. Your page is beautiful and the messge behind it even more. I am sad to hear that you live with pain also. I have been for the past 2 years or so and days that it is bothers me more than I can stand, I too am reminded that one day soon when we go to that Glorious City, I will be made new. Thanks so much for this encouragement and sharing your heart. So happy to read that you are a Child of The King! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful Nancy! The butterfly is so lovely. You always inspire me with your pages ,they are always so creative !
Susan M

Jonia said...

Oh so true! One day we will be pain free, Praise God! Your page is wonderful and that butterfly is beautiful! Great work.

Blog Archive