Monday 12 March 2012

More of My "Happy Little Moments" Altered Book

Happy Monday, my friends! I'm back with an update on my Happy Little Moments Class! After putting my kit together and cutting into my old book, I was ready to keep going with my pages. Then I realized that I had a couple of other projects with deadlines that I really HAD to finish first. So I was a good girl and did that! lol Then during my time on the treadmill on Friday a fun theme for my book suddenly came to mind. Yes...I am happy to say that I have now bonded with my new treadmill and I'm actually doing a lot of productive thinking during our time together. A few of you will understand what I mean when I say that it's quite impossible to nod off and have a nap while using it! lol
Sorry...back to my book :o) So, instead of Happy Little Moments, I have entitled my book "Happy Little Collections". In it, I will document several fun little collections I have gathered. Most of you won't be very surprised to hear that I don't have photos of these collections but that's never stopped me, has it? I will just put in photo mats where I intend to put photos. One of the fun things I discovered is that some of these collections are well represented with my die and stamp collections. You'll see what I mean as we get further into the book. I'll also make a real effort to get some photos finished and included!
For those of you that want to continue to follow along, I have created a new Label in my side panel called "Happy Little Moments Class". You can just click on that to take a peak at the progress after these posts are lost among other posts. Okay, so here are a couple of photos of my front cover. I hope you like it! :o)

A closer peek:

Papers: Crate Paper - Emma's Shoppe;
Flowers: Recollection - Boutique Fleur;
MM Slice Design Cards: Words & Expressions Family
and Baby - Gifts from Friday;
Letter Stickers: Kaiser Craft - Mini Alpha Stickers;
Decorative Pins: MM Vintage Findings;
Punches: Martha Stewart - Cosmos,
EK Success - Scalloped Scallop Border,
Stampin' Up - Scallop Punch;
All other supplies unknown and from my stash.

17 comments:

Geri said...

Looks like it's going to be a very happy little book!!! Can't wait to see what it will hold!! So pretty and cheery!! (Nancy, have I told you your journal went out one week ago this past Thursday? You probably know better than I...will you get it soon?!? Hope so!!) Have a great week!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh it's absolutely Beautiful Nancy!
I would not have thought of picking such a hot pink and you know what it looks AMAZING! It makes me smile right away! I love these "vintage" roses on that piece of lace!! Can't wait to see more ;-))


xxx

Holly said...

This is so beautiful, Nancy! I love looking at your latest creations!
hugs,
Holly

Tfriday said...

Love your cover and your book so far Nancy. I can't wait to see more. I'm glad you are using those cartridges. I saw more at another Mikes if you want any others. Just let me know. Hugs!!

Teen Queen said...

What great details. A happy little book of collections indeed! Looking forward to seeing more.

Tracy said...

And we're off!!!! LOL Great start. :-) The cover always draws me first when creating. Can't wait to see the pages and the collections.
You keep bonding with that treadmill and send me some motivating thought waves to break my exercise tapes back out. :-) Hugs!

Jonia said...

Wow Nancy what a great little book this is going to be. The cover is just beautiful! Can't wait to see more dear friend!

Susan M said...

This is going to be fabulous Nancy, the cover is so beautiful,the colours are really great together. Hope you are going to show us the inside soon! Looking forward to learning about your collections !

Debbie Buckland said...

Lovely cover.
Sounds like you and your treadmill are getting along fine.
Good for you for getting your list done.... Mine is getting too long!

MaryNSC said...

O IT is very Pretty I bet your brain is pretty to... Now If U could get me up and on the tread mill that would make me HAPPY..:O)
WELL I gave mine to my sister I will have to get on the Pro Form.:O)

Stampindamour said...

Nancy - I LOVE the eye-popping colors!!! xo

-pamela :)

Ana Márquez said...

Oh, it looks great! I altered some notebooks in the past, but they didn't look so wonderful than yours! I love every detail!

Big hugs from
Vintage Collages
.

Cindy Haffner said...

So so PRETTY!~

Jennifer said...

This is such a cheerful and beautiful beginning to your collection! I look forward to seeing what comes next. I love your bow and the accent in the top corner!

Marilyn said...

Love the bright colours Nancy!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

loving the pink! And I love the happy, thats one of my favs on the Slice!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and love those pins :)

Love and hugs
Lynn x

Blog Archive