Monday 31 December 2012

Hymn and Scripture Challenge #18 - O Holy Night

Happy last day of 2012, my friends!
Hasn't this year passed quickly? I'm afraid the end of the year kind of snuck up on me...even though I knew it was coming! lol We've been so busy having happy holidays! Yesterday there was a new post from Patter concerning her plans for the Scripture Challenge in 2013. That's when I suddenly clued in that the Challenge posts were finished for this year. I have gotten a little bit behind on my pages but decided to do the last one first, and then go back and catch up with the other two. The new challenge begins on January 13th, and it will continue to be a Hymn and Scripture Challenge. I have added a button in my sidebar. Just click on the button and it will take you to all the details of the Challenge for 2013. Why not pop over to Patter's blog and take a look. It would be wonderful if you could join in!
Okay, onto my page...
O Holy Night is such a beautiful song! I based my page on the opening line "O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining" and created a night time page. I cut a bunch of stars, and used the star border punch that I got for Christmas. I wanted the entire music page included this time. To fancy it up I did an emboss resist using a Tim Holtz angel image. It's actually a beautiful iridescent emboss but I couldn't get a good photo of it. I added some Diamond Stickles to the stars and sky, and used some iridescent ribbon.
The Scripture verses are part of the familiar passage in Luke where the shepherds are watching their flock and the Angel of the Lord appears. It says:
But the Angel said to them, 
"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy
 that will be for all the people. 
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you:
He is Christ the Lord."

Do you see that little three letter word in there? It says "all" the people. I love that! It doesn't matter who we are or what we've done or where we live in this great big world; a Savior was sent for ALL of us! He is Christ the Lord, and He is the reason for Christmas! I hope you all had a blessed and joyful one! :o)


Materials Used:
Papers: Recollection Cardstock;
Punch: EK Success - Stars;
Dies: MM Slice Design Cards - Basic Shapes 3, Fa la la,
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels Twenty-one;
Stamp: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous - Joyful Song;
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans;
Embossing Powder: Stamp N Stuff - Kaleidoscope;
Ribbon: Offray;
Glitter: Ranger Stickles - Diamond.

* * * * *
I'm linking this page to:

Hymn and Scripture Challenge #18 - Here
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #60 - Here

* * * * * 
Here is a beautiful version of the song by one of my favorite Artists - Josh Groban!
The music is set to scenes from the movie The Nativity Story.




12 comments:

Jonia said...

Yes, Nancy He was sent for ALL and I am so excited to be one of His children! Beautiful page my friend and hope you have a wonderful New Year my friend!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous page!! This is one of my favorite Christmas hymns as well, and that Scripture is beautiful!! Happy New Year! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a wonderful creation Nancy, so full of love. And yes, I couldn't agree more, it's ALL the people indeed! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Dear Nancy, I wish you also a happy new year to continue. Many, many creative ideas, health and much happiness and success
At this point I would like to express my sincere thanks for your visits and comments on my blog!

I wish you a good evening and a good start to the new year!

Many greetings and big hugs from Andrea

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Nancy, I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your beautiful art. I'm so incredibly grateful to you for playing along in our challenges, and I appreciate your participation. You have been such a blessing to me for a long time, Nancy. Thank you so much for your support. I hope you have a great 2013 and we will look forward to seeing more of your beautiful art shared in our challenges.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Tracy said...

Another beautiful page Nancy. I just love the directions your imagination takes with Patters prompts. I'm sure this coming year will be even more wonderful. ALL..........amen sister. :-) Happy New Year!

Susan M said...

Just beautiful Nancy! What a lovely post you have written and love your nightime page! It really captures the wonder of that first Christmas sky full of stars! May the New Year be full of wonderful blessings for you and your family!

Geri said...

One of THE best Christmas songs of ALL time, Nancy! And what a lovely backdrop for it! Love the twinkly stars! Happy New Year to you, sweet friend!!!

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is gorgeous so loving the colours you chose perfect, huggles Pops x x x

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Gorgeous Nancy. O Holy Night is one of my most favourite songs. The movie The Nativity Story is amazing. One of the closest portrayals that I've seen of that beautiful Holy Night when our Lord and Saviour was born. Lovely to see your post. Happy New Year to you and your family. xx Kathy

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty Nancy and O Holy Night is one of my favourite Christmas songs and the stars are perfect for it! I really like the navy and yellow colour combo too.

Kerry Joy said...

I love Josh Groban too! Beautiful video, I've never seen it before. Thanks for sharing it.

Blog Archive