Wednesday 29 October 2014

IS IT A BIRD?

Happy Wednesday morning, my friends!

Things have been pretty quiet around here lately! How did the end of the month get here so fast?
  I only have a couple of days to enter some challenges that I want to participate in. 
  I hope you'll come back soon to see the rest!  

This first project is a layout that I made for a challenge at my most local scrapbook store...Prairie Chicks.
The challenge is to follow a fun pagemap. I really enjoy following pagemaps!

The other day I was super excited to see five gorgeous Blue Jays in my yard! I LOVE to see them!
One Blue Jay alone can be very noisy but five of them together...what a racket! lol

Here's my layout using a photo from last winter:


Materials Used:
Papers: Fancy Pants - My Family;
Dies: Die-namites - Birds on a Wire, SU - Hearts a Flutter,
Slice Design Card - FaLaLa, Cricut Cartridge - Plantin School Book;
Punches: EK Success - Binding Edge Border Punch;
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink;
Bling: From My Stash.

* * * * *
Here is the pagemap we were to use:


* * * * *

I apologize that my blog visiting has been so random lately. 
It seems to be taking some time for me to get back to my usual social self.
I have been feeling quite "hermit-ish" but hope to get out of my funk very soon!
I thank you all very much for your continued support, encouragement and prayers!
I appreciate you all very much! :o)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one absolutely gorgeous photo of that fine bird, Nancy! And you have created a wonderful page around him, it looks lovely! Take care, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner

Janet's Joy said...

What a gorgeous photo and layout Nancy! Love the big snowflake.

Tracy said...

Your layout is beautiful, the photo of the Blue Jay is stunning.

Jonia said...

Love, love this page Nancy. It is just beautiful.

Susan M said...

Hi Nancy, been thinking of you , glad to see your new creations! Your layout is lovely ! How wonderful to have these beautiful birds visit you ! They are gorgeous ! Many years ago on holiday in Canada I visited the Blue Jays [ baseball ? ] stadium for a concert, now I know where they got their name from !

Kelly said...

Beautiful page that compliments the blue bird photo perfectly! I love the sweet tags and the birds across the bottom. You are so blessed to see them in your yard, our birds are gone, and it is still nice here!
Hugs to you,
Kelly

Tracy said...

What a gorgeous winter scene you captured with that bird. I agree, they are super noisy. Sounds like you had a great time making this wonderful layout. I've come to really rely on sketches. You don't worry about the visiting, just take care of yourself. Hugs!

Penny said...

Wow, what a fabulous photo! And you showcased it so perfectly with this beautiful LO! Love it, love it, love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Marilyn said...

Great layout Nancy and I love that bird on a wire die... how fitting! Those little flags are very cute as well!

Blog Archive