Sunday 30 November 2014

Ephemera's Vintage Garden - Old Saint Nick - Project #2

Hello, my friends!

Can you believe that it's the last day of November?

With that in mind, I'm back already to share with you my second project 
using the Old Saint Nick collection from Ephemera's Vintage Garden .
 You can find the collection right HERE.

I started with a wooden framed mirror from Ikea. 
I covered the mirror and stained all the wood with Distress Stain. 
I printed out the page of numbers, and then punched them all out using a 1" circle punch. 
Then I printed out a page of ephemera and chose the cards I wanted to use. 
I inked the edges of all the paper bits.
Then I matted the numbers with a combination of 1 1/4" circles 
and punched square postage stamp.
I took a doily from my stash and cut it in half. 
I adhered half on each side of the mirror.
Then I lay everything out where I wanted it and glued it down.
The only thing left to do was add a scattering of glittery bits: 
sequins, pearls, rhinestones, and the poinsettia. 

For the "Christmas Countdown", I cut a piece of chalkboard paper to fit over the mirror. 
Then I die-cut the words and glued them on.
I didn't add a number because I couldn't find any chalk! lol
It was a super fun project to put together, and a great one to get the kids in on! 


Materials Used:
Ephemera's Vintage Garden Printable Kit - Old Saint Nick;
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Stain: Distress Stain - Weathered Wood;
Inks: Distress Inks - Walnut Stain, Iced Spruce;
Die: Sizzix Decorative Strip - Wingo Zingo;
Flower: Prima - Poinsettia;
My Stash: Sequins, Pearls, Rhinestones & Doily.

* * * * *


I'll be back again very soon to show you my third and final project using this great kit!

In the meantime, head over to Ephemera's Vintage Garden and take a look at all the fabulous kits available.

Oh, and don't forget to go to Debbie's blog HERE to sign up for her newsletter. 
Debbie is very generous with her gorgeous freebies! :o)




5 comments:

Cely said...

your stuff is so cute, nancy! love all this vintage stuff you've been doing!

Tracy said...

Wonderful! I love the prints you've used. The numbers vary in color and size and you've varied their matting too. Makes for a fun design! :-) Adorable, creative, and totally kid friendly. Hugs!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Nancy, this is just fabulous!
Hugs,
Tracey

Penny said...

Wow, Nancy, what a fabulous Christmas project! Really unusual and such fun for the kids to do! :^)
Hugs, Penny

leslieb said...

This is so festive! Those vintage images are sensational! I really like the way you have surrounded the mirror/chalkboard with the numbers. Have to say....I love this newest creation.
Love - Leslie

Blog Archive