Tuesday 13 November 2018

Clear Scraps - Holly Stencil Background Card

Hello, my friends!

I'm back with a new project share for Clear Scraps!

Today I'm sharing a Christmas card I made featuring the 6" Holly Stencil.

We all need cards that are flat, and can easily be popped in the mail.
This design is really good for that. 
I've made it 5 1/2" square but it could easily be done in A2 size.
Here's my card:



Using a foam applicator, and Distress oxide inks, 
I stenciled the design, onto kraft cardstock, as follows:
Holly Leaves in Peeled Paint,
Holly Berries in Fired Brick, and 
Swirls in Wilted Violet.
I thought the addition of the purple really added some fun excitement! ;o)


When I was finished I trimmed it to 5 1/4" and misted it with water. 
I love what the water does to the Distress Oxide inks on kraft!


I mounted the finished piece onto a 5 1/2" purple card base.
I stamped the sentiment on kraft, using the Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I matted it with purple cardstock, and adhered it in place with foam tape.
Finally, I added a pretty purple double-looped bow!


Here's one last look at the finished card:


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Kraft, Cardstock;
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks - Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, 
Imagine - Memento Tuxedo Black;
Stamp: Gina K Designs - Merry Christmas;
Ribbon: Celebrate It.

From Clear Scraps:




* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back with another project share next week! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:

1 comment:

Blog Archive