Friday 5 February 2021

My New "REMEMBER" Journal Project

Hello, my friends! 

As I mentioned in a previous post, 
I've had some free time lately to work on some fun new creative projects.
Today I'm sharing one of them.

This will be a "work in progress" over 2021.
In previous years I have worked on calendar pages each month.
This year I will be sharing monthly journal pages. 

I recently discovered Caroline's Craft Tree.
I'll add all her links below so that you can go check her out. 
In 2020, she gifted her youtube viewers with some beautiful monthly printables. 
These fun files included birth month flowers and birthstones,
along with coordinating pockets, and tags, and more.
That is what inspired this journal project.

Here is the unfinished cover.
I've simply added a beautiful lace paper from Caroline's Etsy Shop.


I have used a file folder for the base,
and stitched two signatures into the spine, using a simple pamphlet stitch.


The two signatures are made up of tea dyed papers
in between more of the pretty lace papers.
The lace papers come in a wonderful variety of colours,
so I tried to plan it out to coordinate with the monthly colours.

There are more lace papers lining the inside of the covers.
The file folder was folded up to form a pocket,
and I've added a pretty trim
.
Then we begin with January:


 I've added a tab for each month, with six months in each signature.
There will be four pages for each month, 
and then the second half of the signature for all the extra bits.

I will be using the tags and journaling cards
to document all the important dates I need to remember,
along with any special events that may happen.


This is the last January page.
It holds a pretty pocket with another large tag for journaling.


I have to say that I've had a really great time putting this all together.
The fun will continue as I fill the pages each month.

* * * * *

I'll be back soon to share my February pages!
I hope you come back to see them,
and maybe you'll consider putting together a journal of your own!

* * * * *

Just a little more information regarding Caroline's Craft tree.
Caroline shares great projects and tutorials on her youtube channel.
She is very generous and inspiring!
She sells both digital and finished products in her Etsy shop.
Oh, and she's a fellow Canadian! :o)
I really hope you go check her out.

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:




6 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh Nancy! I look forward to watching your creation evolve! The start looks promising!!
I am currently enjoying the satisfaction of creating art pages and ephemera for junk journals!!♥️
Robyn

Teresa Arsenault said...

A beautiful album. Hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such beautiful work Nancy.
Faith x

Susan M said...

It's beautiful Nancy. The papers are really lovely. It will be great to see your next months pages !

Jana Forrest said...

Nancy Hate to tell you this...your stupendous creativity is showing! Beautiful project and I will love seeing it come together over the year! Big Hugs!

Kim Newberg Imagesbykim said...

Lovely journal! I too purchased some of Carolines beautiful distressed papers. So delicious in a project!

Blog Archive