Wednesday 28 July 2021

Scrappy Tails Crafts - Butterfly Pop Up Card

  Happy Wednesday, my friends!

It's time for a fun new Scrappy Tails Crafts project!  

This week I'm combining several fabulous dies,
into one super fun pop up card!. 

Here's my card:


Isn't that cute?
I started with the Flower Vase Pop Up Card Die.
However, instead of cutting the base twice, to form an octagon,
I cut it only once.
This makes an adorable little vase.
(Sabrina taught me this trick!)


The "Hello" and shadow, came from the Slimline Shadow Box Craft Die Set.
to cut all the filler from double-sided papers.
That way there is still color and pattern from the back side.


To finish things off, I added the gorgeous butterfly from the Flying Butterflies Die Set.
 I cut both of the butterfly pieces from blue textured cardstock.
I left the shadow piece alone, but heat embossed the intricate piece,
using a pretty blue glittered embossing powder.
I then adhered just the body portion of the two butterfly pieces together,
before tucking it into the vase.


Finally, here's a look at the Butterfly Pop Up Card folded flat.


Scrappy Tails dies are so much fun to play with!
They all work with each other to make fun new creative projects!

* * * * *
Thanks for stopping by today!
See you again very soon!

* * * * *

Here are all the links:

Scrappy Tails Crafts Shop

Scrappy Tails Crafts Blog

Scrappy Tails Facebook

4 comments:

Susan M said...

A gorgeous project Nancy love how you embossed the butterfly it's a beautiful die even better with your lovely sparkle !

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow. What an amazing card. That one will be cherished and kept on display for a long time, I'm sure. hugs, Teresa

Bernadet said...

Wow Nancy, this looks fabulous!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous Nancy, Love how you finished the back so neatly, love the papers. Fabulous dies and the embossing a lovely touch.
Faith x

Blog Archive