Sunday 11 August 2024

Nature in Bloom Layout with Printable Cuttable Creatables

         Hello, my friends!

It's time for a new project share for Printable Cuttable Creatables!

I had an entirely different project in mind when I began.
I had recently printed out a page of flower photos that I had taken in my yard,
and found it lying on my desk. It inspired this layout.
I haven't done a layout in a long time, and this file was so much fun to play with!

I also want to share a couple of simple tips with you

I have used:

Nature in Bloom Embellishment Set

Here's my finished layout:


 This file is fabulous, and includes MANY different pieces and layers. 
My first tip for you is this: you don't have to use them ALL.
The purpose of this layout is to feature my flower photos.
That means that the embellishments are second, and cone be done more simply.
I opted to use only one fence layer, and I limited the number of flower layers too.
Rather than using the full word title embellishment,
I added only the words across the top of my page.


When I play with flower/grass/leaf cuts, I really like to add dimension to them.
I do this by curling up all the petals and fronds.
You might think that there is no point in doing this on a layout.
Once it's slipped into a sleeve, everything gets flattened. 
My second tip for you today is this: add something to the page that will prevent the flattening.

You can see some of the dimension on my page in the photo below.
I even curved the gate latch.
Now look at the center of the flowers. I added great big pearls.
Now the plastic sleeve will rest on the pearls, and not flatten all the curled pieces.


Although I used only some of the cuts in this file,
they do a wonderful job of showcasing my flower photos,


I hope that gives you some fun ideas of what to do with this collection!
It contains some intricate design details that can be used over and over again!

* * * * *

Use my code to get 15% off your purchase:


* * * * *

Printable Cuttable Creatable Products Used:
Other Materials Used:
Cricut Explore Air Machine;
Assorted Cardstocks;
Unknown Pearls.

* * *

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:

Printable Cuttable Creatables Shop

Printable Cuttable Creatables Blog

Printable Cuttable Creatables Facebook     

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your details certainly show off the beautiful flowers Nancy, great tip about the pearls preventing the shapes from flattening. x

Blog Archive