Friday 29 July 2011

52 Week Scrapbook Challenge - Swirls (and a Thank You!)

I came up with a great plan for my page this week which included a photo of a bouquet of flowers. Do you think I could find my batch of flower photos ANYWHERE? lol  So I decided to make you a bouquet of flowers instead...which is much more meaningful...and it was a lot more fun too! I want to thank all of you for your wonderful support of my Junque Journal Contest entry!  I am so grateful and overwhelmed with all your sweet comments and votes! Then the voting site went down, and some of you couldn't vote, and tried over and over! I know it had to be very frustrating for you! To show my appreciation I wanted to make you a special page. So this one's for you, my friends! Since the challenge this week was swirls I added some of those with green glitter paper! I took the picture in my sunroom and it seems to have done something strange to the heat embossing in the corners. They are actually pretty glittered swirl, not funny blobby messes! lol Thank you again! I appreciate each one of you very much! :o)
Stamps: Autumn Leaves,
American Crafts, Hero Arts;
Dies: assorted Sizzix dies;
McGill Multi Tag Punch;
Stampendous Embossing Powder - Star Dust;
My Stash - brads, bling, cardstock.

15 comments:

Tracy said...

It's beautiful Nancy! How sweet of you. I voted before the site went down. Did it wipe out the votes you already had? Let me know so I can go revote if i need to. hugs!

Mary said...

WOW! That's gorgeous - well done!

Tfriday said...

I love it. Love all the sizzix dies you used too. TFS...

Tiffany said...

gorgeous!! love it!

doulanana said...

So pretty Nancy! You do such lovely work!

gardenpinks said...

Beautiful bouquet Nancy and thank you for making an especial page for us. Love the swirls too and it all pops of the dark background - gorgeous.

Love and hugs
Lynn xx

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a pretty bouquet Nancy!
You really have your way with flowers and dimension!

TFS ~

Sandy Ang said...

what a lovely flower cluster. reminds me of hydrangea in the garden

Anonymous said...

Super beautiful page....Wow look at those flowers, amazing.
So sorry to hear about you journal contest issue, I went to the site a few times, but I know for sure that one of my many attempts went thru. Thank you so much Nancy for always having such amazing, warm, and friendly comments. Your like family! xoxo

Norma
Holy-Scrap
(sorry, blogger issues)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh, this is simply beautiful. Best of all are the little pink flowers peeping out from behind the larger flowers.

Love your glittered stamped images in the corners and the die cut swirls added behind the flowers.

Beautiful, Nancy. Beautiful. And congratulations on breaking the contest thing :-) Everyone, it seems, fell in love with your Junque Journal as I did when I first saw it.

Love you - Leslie

Geri said...

These pastel flowers look so pretty against the black! Loved your "new" page and the one with your little swimmers several posts back. Sweet! Hope you are doing well!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow! I am so happy that you couldn't find your picture. Lol. Why, because you had to share this masterpiece. This is absolutely stunning to say the least. So love the colours you used andn the way it pops on the black. The cluster of each flower grouping is mixed together so well. Just like you picked them from your garden. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us and for the inspiration. I will be back again.

Stampin Kimber said...

Absolutely gorgeous Nancy.......makes me want to go make some flowers!!! It would look awesome in frame and hung up on your wall!!!

ScrapBliss ~ Yvonne M. said...

Oh so lovely! ~Yvonne

http://scrappingisbliss.blogspot.com/

Jonia said...

What a beautiful page Nancy! Did not realize how long it had been since I had come to see you!

Blog Archive