Tuesday 26 July 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Hello, my friends! Have you noticed all the beautiful butterflies on everyone's projects lately? It seems to be a trend with no end! In fact, the butterflies seem to be getting bigger and more beautiful! I use butterflies very often myself but most of them have been quite small. Then it occurred to me that I have a Slice Design Card with a butterfly that I can cut out in a larger size. I had just decided to start playing around with it when I found this lovely card sketch by my friend Alexandra. Isn't that wonderful timing? I must say I really like this sketch for many reasons! One of my favorite reasons is because it will make a perfect addition to a mini album. It holds the two shipping tags and the inside can hold photo mats or journaling spots. I made mine 5" square. Isn't it fun? :o)
First, here's the sketch:
Now, here's my card:


Papers: We R Memory Keepers - Tiffany's;
MM Slice Design Card: Vintage Findings;
Other: Diamond Stickles, Avery Shipping Tags,
Offray Ribbon, DMC Embroidery Floss,
Unknown Cardstock and Flowers.

12 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh My Nancy, I LOVE your take on the sketch!
I love your idea and am flattered you would have wanted to use it!

Thank you! Merci!!

Sandy Ang said...

Butterflies are huge. Think they have become a staple in scrapbooking like pennants or banners. It's a lovely sketch and the double tags on your card is just unique

Tfriday said...

Super cute card. Love butterflies too. I don't use them as much as I would like. Love the sketch. I need bust out my SU butterfly die out and use it more. TFS...

Joy said...

I love butterflies too! Your take on the sketch is pretty and those 3 tiny flowers are just too cute! And btw, i love your blog theme/background :) so nice!

Hugs,
Joy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Nancy. Love that big butterfly on the front. The tags are a fantastic idea for "secret" messages :-) I see you have sewn the striped paper on, adds a lot of interest to your card. Awesome card, Nancy :-)

Love you - Leslie

Jessica Buffa said...

Beautiful job capturing the elements of the sketch so perfectly. Thanks for your kind words about my service tray!!!
:O)
Jessica
I <3 Butterflies

Tracy said...

Aww what a sweet card Nancy! That butterfly is beautiful and you did an awesome job with the sketch. Yep, butterflies are definitely hot no matter what you're making. Have a wonderful day my friend!

gardenpinks said...

Over on SCS someone posted a thread saying that they had finished with butterflies, that there were too many in the crafting world:( What a shame, I love butterflies and love your interpretation of the sketch with your beautiful butterfly. Love the candy striped paper too.

Love and hugs
Lynn xx

EverydayNorma said...

Adorable !!

Nancy K said...

Wow, that is one lovely sketch and you have brought it to life beautifully! Butterflies always remind me of new life and I need to feature them more often. Thank you, Nancy, for the inspiration!

Elaine said...

Love your sketch :)

Jonia said...

Nancy, you are the girl! Wow this is just too cute!

Blog Archive