Wednesday 10 October 2012

Happy Snowy Wednesday!

Hello, my friends! I must say I had the best time making this card! I think part of it is because I started in a rather giddy mood! We had our first snowfall today! Woohoo!! I love the first snowfall of the year! There's something extra fun about creating in a cozy craft-room while watching big white flakes falling from the sky! Of course, it's stopped now and there's nothing on the ground...but I suspect it will return one day soon! lol
On to my card...
I made this card using my Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit. I just opened the box and went where it led. My favorite paper is the whole kit is the old barn wood page that I used in the center of my card. It looks exactly like a table that I have outside on my patio. I would call it my favorite piece of furniture...but that would just be crazy!? ;o) It was rescued from the little old house that was on our yard before we built our house. I digress yet again...
I stamped the flowers and leaves onto a soft floral paper using ink from a previous kit. Then I fussy cut around all the pieces, including the skinny little stems. I cut the flower out twice and layered it with dimensionals. I cut the doily die out of another soft gingham paper from the kit. Since the wood piece was cut with a pinking shear type die, I used my pinking shears to cut out the sentiment, and popped that up on dimensionals as well. For the ruffle along the bottom, I just put down a piece of Score Tape and finger pleated the wrinkle ribbon from the kit along the tape, tucking in the ends. Then I created a double bow using my fingers. I once watched a Bow Easy demo on making a double bow and realized you can use your fingers in exactly the same way! ;o) Finally, I used my new favorite product! I added all the pearly bits with the White Opal Liquid Pearls that was included in the kit! I seriously had to stop myself from adding more! It's the first time I've used that product and I will definitely be using it MUCH more! LOVE it!
I hope you can see how much I enjoyed this one! There was something about opening this kit box today with no plan in mind and just playing! I like the contrast of the old wood and the delicate doily, then you add the soft floral, the sparkly pearl and my favorite kind of sentiment...it all adds up to a Happy Snowy Wednesday! I hope yours was happy too! :o)


Materials Used:
Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit
(Card Kit Information HERE)
Additional Supplies:
Ink: Memento Ink- Tuxedo Black
(from previous SSS Card Kit),
Dies: Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Pagemaps Potpourri,
Cheery Lynn Designs - English Tea Party,
Tool: WRMK Corner Chomper.

* * * * *

LINKING UP TO:

Simon Says Stamp - Used Dies and/or Punches - HERE
Simon Says Stamp - October Card Kit - HERE
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #49 - Be Ye Kind - HERE


25 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Gorgeous card Nancy! From the wood grain page to the fussy cutting to your layout... This turned out so so beautiful... Great job~

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really awesome, Nancy. What a treat, and thank you for sharing it with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Have a blessed week!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Embellishments said...

Hi Nancy, I love this card! I think it's the tone on tone look of it. Have a great rest of the week :-)
Hugs, Steff

Kathy S said...

I love the stamped flower on the pattern paper - really looks great - thanks for the idea. Don't you just love these kits?

Cindy Haffner said...

Just GORGEOUS!!~

Mynn xx said...

What an amazing monochrome creation! This is just stunning! LOVE the stamping on patterned paper and the doily peeking out is fabulous! :)

Sybil B. said...

Hello there Nancy, beautiful card, I too love the softness of the doily contrasted by the rough hewn wood look of the center of the card. Nice touche!
Hugs, Sybil

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Nancy :-) the colours and details are perfect :-) I love the October kit, the papers and colours are lovely aren't they ! :-)

Ooh snow already ,... lovely :-) I still have the A/C on it's so hot :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Jonia said...

Wow Nancy, what a gorgeous card! And yes, those are the best when you just sit down and it seems to all come together. Love your sweet story also!!!!

Tfriday said...

OMGosh, You sure did fussy cut those stems... Dang, that's crazy but an awesome job. Beautiful card as usual, Nancy. Love it. TFS... Hugs!!

marion said...

What a fab card, alas not eligable for a prize at WOJ, it doesn't contain a WOJ article or stamp. Have a great day, hugs, Marion

TLady said...

VERY PRETTY Nancy!!!!!!!! :) LOVE what you've done----using the hard & soft elements of design! And how your flowers overlap! :) FABULOUS!!!!!!! :)
Thanks for coming over & visiting! YOU'RE SO FAITHFUL!!!!!! :) (I HOPE I win too! DO GO OVER & TAKE A LOOK at all the designers work! WOW! AND have FUN! ) :)

Trish and Treasure said...

I love how you used the patterned paper with your flower!!! Fabulous card! And great colours!!!!
Hugs Trish xx

Dunja Trautmann said...

Hello my dear friend,
first let me tell you, I am with you about the first snow. Is it enough for a snowball fight? Haha. That would be a lot of fun, is not it?
And Yes, yes, yes, I see how much fun you had, it's been delightful. The weather inspired you my dear friend? I hope it snows and the sun is shining? :) This is a homely atmosphere.

I love your card. You've used the set so great. The Doily I also really like. It's only great. I love the text in the flower vine. And yeah sweetie, I see you love the white opal, right? Totally adorable and unique.

I wish you a wonderful weekend my dear.

Lots of hugs and kisses ♥
Dunja xx

Jo Ann said...

What a nice card. I love the monotone color and that flower you stamped on a DP...Really, really nice! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

So lovely Nancy. :-) I really like the monochromatic color scheme. All the white really pops. When that snow comes back make sure you go out and play in it for me. Hugs!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I just LOVE this!!~

alexandra s.m. said...

It's absolutely GORGEOUS Nancy!
Love these soft shades of grey, so elegant!
I can't believe you got the 1st snow and it's not even mid October really! What is the earliest you have had?

Enjoy your week-end~

Holly said...

Can you say GORGEOUS?! It is! You had your first snow?!!! Oh, man!! It is still in the 70's here. =0( I do love the cooler weather. For now, I will live vicariously through you.
Blessings, my friend!

Elaine said...

Love the colour ;) beautiful !

Anne-Marie said...

This is beautiful. I like the colours you have worked with in this card.

Susan M said...

This is so lovely Nancy ,the colours are so soft , warm and wintery at the same time if that is possible??
You are right about the liquid pearls, they look really good! I will definately try those myself.The kits seem really good ,plenty to keep you busy. Just need inspiration but you have plenty of that! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This card is amazing! Inspired by the first flakes of falling snow, or by the much loved table on your porch, or just by the items in the kit. I so love what you have created out of your inspirations.

Uh huh :D You got your hands on some Liquid Pearls :D Beautiful pearly drops of accents to this card.

Love you - Leslie

Marsha Fisher said...

This is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Another inspiring card Nancy and adore that wood panel paper :) Love wood grains and the intricate detail in them.

Hugs
Lynn xx

Blog Archive