Tuesday 26 June 2018

Clear Scraps - BLOOM Art Journal Page

Hello, my friends!

I'm back with a new project share for Clear Scraps!

This week I've created a fun Art Journal page,
using a variety of wonderful stencils from Clear Scraps.
You'll find a printable version of this tutorial over at the Clear Scraps Blog!

I know that the saying is "Bloom where you are planted",
and that is what the full stencil includes.
I decided to create a page that states "Bloom where you are..."
Sometimes we go through periods of time where we don't feel very planted.
We might be pulling up our roots, or considering a complete change of garden! lol
Even in that situation we need to remember to BLOOM! :o)

Here's the page I created:



I began by spraying my page with the yellow spray. 

I added a misting of water, and then dried it.



Then using the Plaid Stencil and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink,

I stenciled the plaid design around the outside of the pages. 


Allow this to dry completely before going on to the next step.


Next, I added some fun flowers with the 6” Daisy Stencil. 

I did this by combining some DecoArt Modeling Paste with Lindy’s 
Magicals;

first in purple, and then in red.

I stenciled the pasts using a plastic palette knife.

I allowed them to dry completely between colors.


Then I used the black ink and the 3 X 12 Bloom where you are planted Stencil.

I stenciled only the “Bloom where you are.”

Finally, I added some black and white spatters to the page. 


I hope you like it, and are inspired to create a similar page for yourself! 


Materials Used:

Clear Scraps Stencils:



Other Materials:
Dyan Reavely – Small Art Journal,
Recollections Shimmer Mist – Boho,
DecoArt Media – Modeling Paste,
Lindy’s Magicals – Cajun Carnelian Red, Jazzy Jivin’ Purple,
Distress Ink – Mowed Lawn,
Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black,
Ranger Inking Tool.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back with another project share very soon! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:

6 comments:

Susan M said...

Love this Nancy,great tutorial! Fabulous stencils and love the colours you've used!

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Great layout, fab stencils x

Carole Pollard said...

That's amazing such a beautiful project Love and hugs Carole x

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is a beautiful, meaningful page. I really like that you showed each step of your process. Hugs, Teresa

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is very cool! Love the spray and flowers and FAB sentiment!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh Nancy what wonderful work thanks for the tutorial, I may even try that one day LOL.
Faith
x

Blog Archive