Friday 22 June 2018

Swedish House Crafts - Fun Decorating Scene Card

Hello, my friends!

I have a new project share for Swedish House Crafts!
  
If you've been over to the Swedish House Crafts blog 
since the release of the Magnolia Fixer Upper Collection, 
or if you're a Tilda fan, 
then I'm sure you've already seen this sweet Tilda hanging her wallpaper. 
Well, now she's adding the finishing touches, and hanging her pictures! 
I can't remember the last time I spent so much time on a single card...or had so much fun! 
I began with stamping and colouring the Wallpaper Tilda Image. 
Then I set about creating the scene.


 I used a mold and some clay that I have to create this lovely frame. 
Then I stamped and coloured the sweet Mini Magnolia Stamp called to fill it. 
It's called "Jam, Sitting Tilda" and doesn't she look lovely framed? 
Next, I needed to add some furniture to my scene, 
and a little step-stool to help Tilda reach!


 Using a scrap of woodgrain paper from my stash, I snipped and cut, 
until I had assembled this side table. 
I added a brad for the drawer pull. 
Now I needed to add something to the tabletop. 
I found the Gummiapan Tie Stamp in my DT stash
 and decided that it would make a lovely vase. 
I stamped it, fussy cut it, curled it, and glued it in place. 
Then I added the flowers.


 Here's a closer look at both of the images. 
The striped paper makes a great background.


 Here you can see the curl in the vase, the detail in the frame,
 and more of the dimension of the card.


Here's a final look at my little scene card!
 I hope you like it...and are inspired to create one of your own! :o)  


Linking Up To:










* * * * *

*DON'T FORGET* 
Suha is having a wonderful celebration during the month of June. 
Please visit Suha's post HERE for a video where she explains all about it. 
Everyone is invited to join the party. 
We are all being celebrated no matter what you make.

Suha would love for you to share your makes with us so she, 
and us DT peeps, can pop in and see your wonderful creations. 
All you need to do is write a short post with your make, 
and then link up your post HERE ,
so we can come visit you.

Suha has made a hashtag you can use if you post on social media. 
She had made it especially to show that we are 'One Special Community' 
and she will keeping watch for you using it, and here it is...

#1SPECIANITY

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

Links to the products I used:

16 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG this is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute Nancy! Love it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SQUEAL!!!!!! Absolutely adorable and so wonderful, clever thinking Nancy, I LOVE it.
Faith
x

Katie said...

Sweet card

Donna Phelan said...

So stinking cute! Love your frame and flower vase, well your whole sweet scene! That Designer Paper background makes for the perfect wallpaper too! CUTE!!!

Christine said...

This is amazing! I love the little scene and all the dimension you created with the embellishments. Just fabulous! Thank you for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Very very cleverly designed project. Love you gorgeous image and you have created a perfect background for this image. Great work. I love it.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

 

 

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh my, this is the cutest card. I love how you did this. It is so adorable and so creative.Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Maria Pilar said...

Just a beautiful card . Love the frame, the flowers, everthing... You really get it a very dimension card. Love it!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is fantastic. I would love to see you come over and enter Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge Blog here on this link..... https://morgansartworldopenchallenge.blogspot.com/


Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

I am so pleased you have entered this gorgeous creation in the Open Challenge. I love your image and you have created the most perfect background. Very clever work indeed. Great job.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

Arlene said...

What a darling scene. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/ <br

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm here with my DT hat on Nancy and I am only to happy to let you know again, how wonderful this card is. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Faith DT Member for https://morgansartworldopenchallenge.blogspot.com/

Wanda said...

Sooooo cute!!!!! Thank you for sharing with us here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation Nancy, love it! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Sherry DT for

http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Nancy xx
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Dianne DT for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Denise Goeldner said...

Adorable Nancy, love Magnolia stamps. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

Blog Archive