Tuesday 25 September 2018

Clear Scraps - Home Decor Hanging

Hello, my friends!

I'm back with a new project share for Clear Scraps!

When I recently saw this Bette Midler quote,
I knew I had to put it on a hanging for my daughter.
It's perfect for her, and her birthday is on the 22nd.

I began by pulling out my favorite Clear Scraps stencil, 
the 6" Doily Mat Stencil.
I decided to make it for my daughter's dressing room,
which is decorated in black, white, and gold.
I stenciled this fabulous design on a 6" square of black chipboard,
using some Sparks paint from Prima.
I chomped the corners, and then inked around the edges with the same gold. 

Here's what I made:


I printed the quote out on my computer,
 die-cut it to fit inside the stenciled doily,
and adhered it in place.

Then I decided that I wanted to cover it with acrylic.
I cut a piece of acrylic to measure 6 1/2" x 6 1/2".
This was cut from the 12 x 12 Acrylic Sheet.
I chomped the corners with a different design.
Then I sponged with the same Sparks paint,
on the 1/4" that extends beyond the chipboard.


I positioned the acrylic just where I wanted it,
and inserted large eyelets into both layers. 
I strung a metallic gold cord through them for a hanger.
For a final touch, 
I adhered some beautiful Swarovski crystals into each corner.
These are left over from my jewelry making days,
and happen to be a favorite of my daughters.

This project was a little bit tricky to photograph.
I wish you could see all the gorgeous sparkle in person!

Other Materials Used:
Graffix Black Chipboard;
Prima Sparks - Dragon's Eye Paint;
Darice Gold Cord:
Unknown Eyelets.

Clear Scraps Products:



* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back with more to share very soon! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:

4 comments:

Helle Bilde Müller said...

How creative and cool - I really love that quote :-D

Carole Pollard said...

Fantastic and that sentiment is so perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Tracy said...

LOL I think that quote applies to us all. Love the acrylic addition.

Katie said...

This is lovely

Blog Archive