Friday 21 September 2018

Mirtillamente Craft Shop - Therapy for the Soul Tag

Hello, everyone!

I'm back today with a fun share for
Mirtillamente Craft Shop!
This is a wonderful shop located in Italy!

With the Summer season coming to a quick end here in Canada, 
I was inspired to use my Suzi stamp from Julie Nutting to create this pretty tag. 
I'll have you know this is my very first Julie Nutting Doll project!
I know I'm late to the party, but now I'm as hooked as everyone else!
It was so much fun! :o)

The papers I used were from the Prima Havana Collection.
 They were all left over from the fabulous June Monthly Kit.

Here is my finished tag:


Here is how I created it...

I began by stamping the image on a piece of Julie Nutting paper that I had in my stash.
 Then I stamped it on various pieces of the Havana papers,
 as shown in the photo below. 
Then I fussy cut all the pieces, and inked them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Using a glue pen, I adhered all the clothing pieces to the doll.


To create the tag base, I began with a piece of 4 1/4" x 8 1/4" Kraft Cardstock
I angle cut the corners. 
I cut a strip of the pink wood grain paper for the bottom of the tag, to represent the boardwalk. 
Then I cut a piece of my favorite paper to cover the rest of the tag. 
All the edges were ink distressed with the Vintage Photo ink


I punched a hole in the top center, and inserted an extra-large eyelet. 
Through the eyelet I inserted a double loop of pale green seam binding from my stash. 
I adhered the doll to the tag using foam tape.



I stamped out the sentiment, included with the stamp set, 
and matted it with the pink woodgrain paper. 
I added the pretty green bow from the Ephemera pack. 
I adhered it to the tag with foam tape.


Finally, I added Diamond Stickles to the bows, the shoes, 
the headband and flower, and the ruffles.
Here's a closer look at the sparkly shoes:


Here you can see the lovely dimension and sparkle of the tag:


Here's one final look at the finished tag:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

Here are the links to all the products in the shop:









* * * * * * * * * * *

Here are all the links you'll need:



8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful tag Nancy!! Great job! I love it!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! that is one VERY stylish and elegant tag, a Super addition to a gift bag. LOVE it and it's sparkle.
Faith
x
PS will catch up asap.

Unknown said...

I love the tag you have created Nancy. Thank you for sharing! I think I have to follow your blog.

Unknown said...

I love the tag you have created Nancy. Thank you for sharing! I think I have to follow your blog.

Linby said...

She's just gorgeous Nancy, I love the details. I have this stamp and several others but it's getting around to them lol! So many lovely examples in the group on FB too. I got excited that the company you linked to had the JN tag pad with the dresser but sold out like everywhere else!

Doreen said...

Love the fab image, this is just gorgeous.xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Fantastic this is such a brilliant design idea Love and hugs Carole x

Tracy Welham said...

A gorgeous project, lovely paper piecing. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Blog Archive