Monday 7 January 2019

Whisker Graphics - Valentine Project Idea and a Freebie

Hello, my friends!

I'm back to share a fun project created with products from the Whisker Graphics Shop!
I'm also over on the Whisker Graphics Blog today.
You're going to want to go over there and subscribe in the sidebar, if you haven't already done so. 
That way you won't miss all the fun shares from the rest of the DT,
and all the fun ways you can use these great products! 

I thought it was a good time to share a Valentine idea!
Here's what I created:



I used the Middy Biddy Bags in black and red, in the Casablanca design.
I also used the Red Divine Twine Bamboo.
I use this twine so much that I've lost my label along the way.


With thoughts, and projects, turning to love...
...I thought it would be fun to do something a little bit different.
I came up with a simple little crocheted heart pattern to share with you.
If you don't crochet yet, you really should! lol 
It's just too much fun not to. 
This twine is fabulous for projects like this.
I used a 4.00 mm hook (G/6 US size)


Crochet Heart Pattern
Leaving enough of a tail to tie a bow, chain 3. 
Into first chain made, work 3 dc, 3 sc, ch 1, 1 sc, ch 1, 3 sc, 3 dc. 
Ch 3, sl st into beginning spot to end off. Leave enough of a tail to tie a bow.
Now take both ends of twine and tie a bow.
Cut ends short, or leave them long.
I did one of each. 
To help it form a nice heart shape,
just give a little tug to the sc at the bottom of the heart.

I added a little black pin through my hearts.
It adds a lovely little vintage touch.
This verse is what inspired me to create the little hearts.


I inked the edges of these cards and layered them on cardstock.
Then I adhered them in place on the middy biddy bags.
I folded the top of the bag down, and adhered the heart in place.


These bags could hold a love note, a Valentine card,
or they could be stuffed full of sweet treats!


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Pins: Making Memories - Vintage Pins;

* * * * *
I hope I've given you some fun ideas!
There's so many great ways to use tags, and bags and twine!

I also hope you enjoy my little freebie!
Please let me know if you try it! :o)
(A link back to my blog would be appreciated)
* * * * *
Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be back again soon with another project share!

Here are all the links you'll need:

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful cards, the crochet hearts are so fun and cute! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh, these are so lovely Nancy, LOVE your little heart.
Faith
x

Blog Archive