Thursday 7 February 2019

Sparkle N Sprinkle - Introduction Post

Hello, my friends!

Welcome to my first DT post for Sparkle N Sprinkle!
I'm very happy to be joining this fun team,
and promoting this great shop!

If you're not familiar with Sparkle N Sprinkle you're in for a treat!
This shop is located in Florida and is full of fabulous stamping/scrapping products.
New stamps are released each month,
a combination of digital and rubber versions. 
Oh, and wait until you see the selection of glitters and embossing powders! Wow! :o)
(pssst...you'll find a discount code posted after my project!)

For my first project, I've created a card using a digital stamp.
This is from the new set called Showers of Tulips.

Here's my card:


Sparkle N Sprinkle Products Used:


New Showers Of Tulips Digital Stamp Set, DIGI923J




*There is an option of buying each digital set separately, or as a bundle. I've included links to both options, since I used something from each set on my project. 

Here's how I did it:

I began by choosing the wreath from the 923J set, and the bow from the 920J set. I used the Print and Cut on my Cricut Explore to print/cut them out. Then could be fussy cut by hand. The wreath could also be cut out with a circle die. I chose the sentiment from the 923J set and printed it out.


I created a 5 1/2" card base from matching green cardstock. 
Then I trimmed my sentiment down to 3 1/2". I rounded the corners to ensure nothing poked out beneath the wreath.  


Using a grid mat to ensure straight lines, I added a line of 1/8" Tear-ific tape around the edge of my card front. I placed the tape 1/8" from the edge. I crossed over at the corners, as shown in the photo. 


I peeled off the paper backing, and sprinkled the diamond dust liberally over the exposed tape. I burnished well with my fingers. It's so sparkly that it messed with my camera focus! lol


I adhered the sentiment to the center of the card front.


Using my fingers, I shaped the bow to give it some extra dimension. 


Then I added some Brushable Glue to all the spots where I wanted to add some glitter. I used tweezers to hold it, and liberally sprinkled the Diamond Dust over the wet glue. It will dry completely clear.


I added the wreath in place over the sentiment using foam tape. When the bow was dry, I also used foam tape to adhere it in place on the wreath.  



See how beautifully that Brushable glue dried on the bow?


Here you can see all the lovely dimension:


One final look at the finished card:


I'll be back next week with another Sparkle N Sprinkle project!
In the meantime, head over to the store and check it out!
You can take my code with you...it's: NancyDT10

* * * * *
However, before you go...there's more news!
SNS has a Challenge Blog with a monthly challenge.
The challenge is always Anything Goes IF you include
loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking!
OR you can use an SNS Stamp - digital or rubber!

Wait...there's more! lol

SNS also has a very active Monthly Creative Challenge on Facebook!
There are lots of other fun events going on too!
I look forward to sharing them with you! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links:




3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Congratulations on being on the SNS DT Nancy. I love your card, sparkly and pretty.
Faith
x

Maria Pilar said...

Congrats Nancy. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for the steps
Hugs

Katie said...

Gorgeous card

Blog Archive