Thursday 21 February 2019

Sparkle N Sprinkle - May Showers

Hello, my friends!

Friday means it's time for a new project share for Sparkle N Sprinkle!
This week I'm sharing a fun card that I created:




 Here's What I Used from Sparkle N Sprinkle:

Stamps:

New May Showers Rubber Stamp Bundle Set, 00-920-923P20

New May Showers Digital Stamp Set, DIGI920J


Embossing Powders:

Glitters:

Coloring Mediums:

Ink:

Adhesives:

Tools/Dies:

Watercolor Paper 6ct, WCPAP

 Other:
Spectrum Noir Markers, Recollections - Cardstock.

Here's how I did it:

I began by stamping the fabulous boot image and sentiment,
 using the Memento ink.
I colored the image with markers.




On the watercolor paper, I stamped the raindrops using the Versamark ink.
I stamped it randomly all over the page.
Then I heat embossed with the clear embossing powder.
You can't see the result on the page below.


I sprinkled the Nuance powder on the page,
and spritzed it with water. 
I used a combination of moving the page, a brush, 
and adding more powders, until I liked the final result.
My rainy background is ready!


Taking the color from the boots, I created a red card base.
I adhered the background to the card base.
I also matted the sentiment with red cardstock.


I fussy cut the colored image out, and adhered it in place with foam tape.
The sentiment was also added with foam tape.


Here's a closer look at my background:


Here's even closer...you can see the shine of the raindrops:


One final look at the finished card:


I'll be back next week with another Sparkle N Sprinkle project!
In the meantime, head over to the store and check it out!
You can take my code with you...it's: NancyDT10

* * * * *
However, before you go...there's more news!
SNS has a Challenge Blog with a monthly challenge.
The challenge is always Anything Goes IF you include
loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking!
OR you can use an SNS Stamp - digital or rubber!

Wait...there's more! lol

SNS also has a very active Monthly Creative Challenge on Facebook!
There are lots of other fun events going on too!
I look forward to sharing them with you! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links:








5 comments:

Carole J said...

A stunning card, Nancy! I love the background you created for this lovely spring image! xx

*Vicki* said...

Wow Nancy! I'm so happy that I've stopped over to see this today!! Those red boots are awesome and I love how you've colored them in!! That background is way cool!! (I don't have any of those powders, but your results look amazing!) Thanks for bringing a smile today friend!! HUGS

Eekers said...

I love this! The background is just perfect, filled with the feeling of a rainy day! I love the pop of the red too. If you can't have yellow, red will do! X

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely brightening a rainy day with this card Nancy. Great result.
Faith
x

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Nancy, the background is amazing! I'm so glad you've shared such great close-up shots of your card. The raindrops are beautiful and really make a great backdrop for your sweet boots filled with spring flowers! What a sweet card to brighten anyone's day! I love it! Hugs!

Blog Archive