Thursday, 21 February 2019

Sparkle N Sprinkle - May Showers

Hello, my friends!

Friday means it's time for a new project share for Sparkle N Sprinkle!
This week I'm sharing a fun card that I created:




 Here's What I Used from Sparkle N Sprinkle:

Stamps:

New May Showers Rubber Stamp Bundle Set, 00-920-923P20

New May Showers Digital Stamp Set, DIGI920J


Embossing Powders:

Glitters:

Coloring Mediums:

Ink:

Adhesives:

Tools/Dies:

Watercolor Paper 6ct, WCPAP

 Other:
Spectrum Noir Markers, Recollections - Cardstock.

Here's how I did it:

I began by stamping the fabulous boot image and sentiment,
 using the Memento ink.
I colored the image with markers.




On the watercolor paper, I stamped the raindrops using the Versamark ink.
I stamped it randomly all over the page.
Then I heat embossed with the clear embossing powder.
You can't see the result on the page below.


I sprinkled the Nuance powder on the page,
and spritzed it with water. 
I used a combination of moving the page, a brush, 
and adding more powders, until I liked the final result.
My rainy background is ready!


Taking the color from the boots, I created a red card base.
I adhered the background to the card base.
I also matted the sentiment with red cardstock.


I fussy cut the colored image out, and adhered it in place with foam tape.
The sentiment was also added with foam tape.


Here's a closer look at my background:


Here's even closer...you can see the shine of the raindrops:


One final look at the finished card:


I'll be back next week with another Sparkle N Sprinkle project!
In the meantime, head over to the store and check it out!
You can take my code with you...it's: NancyDT10

* * * * *
However, before you go...there's more news!
SNS has a Challenge Blog with a monthly challenge.
The challenge is always Anything Goes IF you include
loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking!
OR you can use an SNS Stamp - digital or rubber!

Wait...there's more! lol

SNS also has a very active Monthly Creative Challenge on Facebook!
There are lots of other fun events going on too!
I look forward to sharing them with you! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links:








5 comments:

Carole J said...

A stunning card, Nancy! I love the background you created for this lovely spring image! xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Nancy! I'm so happy that I've stopped over to see this today!! Those red boots are awesome and I love how you've colored them in!! That background is way cool!! (I don't have any of those powders, but your results look amazing!) Thanks for bringing a smile today friend!! HUGS

Eekers said...

I love this! The background is just perfect, filled with the feeling of a rainy day! I love the pop of the red too. If you can't have yellow, red will do! X

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely brightening a rainy day with this card Nancy. Great result.
Faith
x

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Nancy, the background is amazing! I'm so glad you've shared such great close-up shots of your card. The raindrops are beautiful and really make a great backdrop for your sweet boots filled with spring flowers! What a sweet card to brighten anyone's day! I love it! Hugs!

Blog Archive