Thursday 11 April 2019

Sparkle N Sprinkle - How About a Vintage Peony in Blue?

Hello, my friends!

It's Friday, so it's a new post for Sparkle N Sprinkle!

Today I'm featuring:
New Vintage Peony Inspiration Stamp from the April Release.

It is such a gorgeous stamp set!
How can you go wrong with a pretty flower?
The creative possibilities are truly endless!
I decided I wanted to create a fun monochromatic blue card.
Here's what I made:



Here's what I used:

Products Used from Sparkle N Sprinkle:

Stamps:

Embossing Powders:

Ink:

Adhesives:

Embellishments:
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply White

Tools/Dies:

Other:
  Celebrate It Ribbon
 Recollections Cardstock
Sizzix Dotted Ovals Framelits Dies

Here's how I did it:


1. I began by choosing a cardstock to match the Blue Belle ink. I cut a piece to measure 6" X 4 3/4".
2. I cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".
I inked up the Crackle Background stamp with the Blue Belle ink, and stamped it onto the white cardstock piece.


3. I used the Static Free Bag on a piece of white cardstock. I inked up the beautiful flower image, with the Blue Belle ink, and stamped it onto the white cardstock. While the ink was still wet, I sprinkled it with the Clear Embossing Powder. I then heat set it. When it was cooled, I fussy cut the image out.


4. I made a 6 1/4" x 5" card base from white cardstock. I adhered the blue mat to it, using Tear-Ific tape. 
5. I wrapped a piece of sheer sparkly ribbon around the stamped crackle mat before adhering it in place on top of the blue cardstock mat. 
6. I die-cut a dotted oval from the blue cardstock. I adhered it to the center of the crackle stamped piece, using foam tape.


7. I then used foam tape to adhered the embossed flower in place on the blue cardstock oval.
8. Finally, I added several blue and white Crystal Drops to finish off the card.


Here you can really see the shine of the embossing!


Here you can see the wonderful dimension of the layers!


I also added some small white drops for the flower center.


I hope you like my monochromatic blue card!
The VersaFine Clair Ink is really fabulous to work with...
...and to emboss with! 
I might have to try making the same card in a different color!

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back next week with another Sparkle N Sprinkle project!
In the meantime, head over to the store and check it out!
You can take my code with you...it's: NancyDT10

* * * * *
However, before you go...there's more news!
SNS has a Challenge Blog with a monthly challenge.
The challenge is always Anything Goes IF you include
loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking!
OR you can use an SNS Stamp - digital or rubber!

Wait...there's more! lol

SNS also has a very active Monthly Creative Challenge on Facebook!
There are lots of other fun events going on too!
I look forward to sharing them with you! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links:




5 comments:

Carole J said...

Stunning card, Nancy - love the blue and white! x

Eekers said...

I love blue and white (so not yellow tho!) and love the porcelain china feeling you've created which I bet is even more beautiful in real life! I great seeing what you do with things, you have such a great talent for using things to their max potential.
Annabel x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the monochrome look and that background stamp, a beautiful card Nancy.
Faith x

Tracy said...

That crackle background stamp is awesome Nancy. The blue monochromatic makes me think of Wedgewood. Beautiful!

Katie said...

Beautiful card

Blog Archive