Monday 10 June 2019

My Scrap Chick - Multiple Projects with One Cut File

Hello, my friends!

Welcome to a new DT post for My Scrap Chick!

Today I'm featuring the fabulous
Botanical Tall Twigs Cut File,
which you can find HERE.

I have to say that I love this file!
I have two projects made to share with you today,
and pieces ready to go for many more.

First here is the card I made:


It's just a simple card that features only one
of the TWELVE elements included in this file!


I did some fun die-cutting and layering,
and then added the flower with foam tape.
Finally, I added some sequins and a ribbon bow.


Can you see the shimmer on the flower?
Well, if you look at the photo below, you'll see lots of shimmer.
I cut all of the shapes out of watercolor paper,
and then sprayed them with Perfect Pearls Mists.
Aren't they pretty?


Guess what else I did?
Before I sprayed them, 
I laid them all in position on a piece of heavy black cardstock. 
So here is my second project to share.
I've created an Art Journal page.

Once the page was dry,
I went in with my special metallic gel pens 
and outlined all the sprayed images. 
Isn't that a fantastic page?
I think it's waiting for just the right quote to be added to the center!

Other Materials Used:
Papers: DCWV - Cardstock, Watercolor Paper,
K & Company - Watercolor Bouquet;
 Perfect Pearls Mists: Grape Fizz, Turquoise, Sour Apple;
Dies: Stephanie Barnard - Dotted Ovals;
Ribbon: Celebrate It;
Sequins: Unknown.

Scrap Chick File Used:


* * * * *

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project share!

 * * * * *
Have you signed up for the My Scrap Chick newsletters yet?
Don't forget to do that!
You really don't want to miss out on any of the great freebies! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:




3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Nancy, I just haven't thought of doing anything like that with my cut files, inspired, thank you. A Wonderful card and colours, as for the page WOW!it looks wonderful.
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a pretty card. That scrapbook page looks amazing. The outlined leaves are gorgeous.

Valerie said...

Oh Wow! I can't believe how you could take simple cuts and turn them into these gorgeous items. LOVING your reverse stencil technique, especially on the planner page-dashboard!

Blog Archive