Saturday 15 February 2020

Masculine Birthday Card with Glitter Design!

Hello, my friends!

Today I have another combination DT post.
I've combined products from Southern Ridge Trading Company,
with products from ScraPerfect,
to create a special Birthday card.

These products really are an ideal combination.
This will be my final DT post for ScraPerfect,
as I've made the tough decision to step down.
However, I will continue to use their fabulous products.

Here's the card I made for today:



I'm afraid I don't have any process photos for you.
It's sometimes hard enough to get regular photos this time of year
but getting good photos of all this glitter was even more difficult. ;o)
This is a fun technique that I've been wanting to try for ages,
so I'll walk you through it.


I began by making an A2 tent-fold card from black cardstock.
I then cut a piece of sticker paper at 4" x 5 1/4".
I peeled back the protective layer from the sticker paper,
and adhered the stencil in place.
I thought this stencil was perfect for a masculine birthday card,
as it's all full of gears and numbers.


Once the stencil was securely in place,
I generously sprinkled it with the blue glitter.
Using my fingers, I burnished it all very well,
then gave it a really thorough brushing with the glitter brush.
Then I peeled off the stencil,
and generously sprinkled it with the silver glitter.
I repeated the burnishing and brushing,
and was left with a fabulous glittered design!
It's so fun and easy, and I think it's very effective!



Next, I took my chipboard "Happy Birthday"
and inked it up with embossing ink.
I sprinkled it with black embossing powder,
and heat set it.
Now the words are so dark and shiny!


To finish off the card,
I adhered the glittered piece onto the card base with foam tape.
Then I used my Best Glue Ever to add the words in place.
This glue does a great job of grabbing onto a glittered surface!
Finally, I used the Perfect Cleaning Cloth to clean up all the glitter.
It truly does an amazing job of picking up all the random glitter
that always manages to get everywhere!


I can't wait to try this technique with another stencil!
It's so much fun to do!

* * * * * 

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products:


ScraPerfect Products:



Other Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Sticker Paper;
Glitter: Glitters Galore - Blue Jewel, Reflection;
Glitter Brush;
Stencil: Carabelle Studio;
 Embossing Powder: Glitters Galore - Black Detail;
Embossing Ink: Stampendous.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with more creative fun!

* * * * *
Here are all the links for you: 



1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree the gears and the blue glitter are masculine and love the black greeting with the black framing.
Faith x

Blog Archive