Monday 30 March 2020

Southern Ridge Trading Company - Needle Book

Hello, my friends!

Today I'm sharing a fun little needle book
that I created for Southern Ridge Trading Company.
Sadly, this will be my final Design Team project.

I've combined the Large Tags
and some pieces from the  Dressmaker Mix.

Here it is:


Here's what I used to make it:


I began by heat embossing the sewing machine green, and the scissors silver.
I covered the front and back of the tag using some fun sewing themed papers.
I inked all the outside edges with green ink, and the inside edges with orange ink.
I added an orange eyelet, and a couple of buttons.


Here's the finished front and back cover.


Here's what I did on the inside:


I found a die shape that I liked,
and I used it to cut four pieces of white felt - two for each side.
Twice I stitched two pieces of felt together using orange thread. 
I then adhered the felt piece onto the inside of the finished tag.
I used liquid glue to do this, and kept the glue around the outside edges only,
right under the stitching. 


The two pieces of felt offer a nice cushion,
so it's very easy to slip your needles in.
I then added some more buttons.


Finally, I added a binder ring through the eyelets, 
and tied some matching ribbons around it.


I confess that I really love this fun needle book,
and I had a really great time putting it together!

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products:

Other Materials Used:
Bo Bunny Pincushion Collection;
Emboss Ink;
Embossing Powder - Green, Silver;
Ink - Green, Orange;
Spellbinders Die - Labels 5;
White Felt;
Orange Thread;
Small Buttons - Green, Orange;
Orange Eyelets;
Offray Ribbon - Orange, White.
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Sadly, this is my final DT project for SRTC. 
They are making some changes 
and they will no longer have a Design Team. 

* * * * *
Here are all the links for you: 



4 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGosh, that is darling. I love that it is so useful as well. Hugs, Teresa
PS - Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an amazing project, so beautiful Nancy and useful too.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is sew fabulous! What a great idea for holding needles. Love it!!

Jana Forrest said...

Absolutely love, love, love your needle book. So creative Nancy. Might have to try this myself. Well done!

Blog Archive